EMT 244 trouble

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bushwick

Anyone here familiar with this unit? I haven't used the unit in a long time and thought it might be perfect for something. Flipped it on and ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ - a super cool sound of a transformer with some reverb tail on it. Actually, that was really cool so I sampled it. So I opened it up and it looks like I just had a big ass Filter cap go bad (brown goop up on top). Got me thinking, anyone know these units? And mods? It always seemed to be a bit noisy. Its cool and I don't have anything that quite does what this does (KSP-8, TC m2000, ITB Stuff) so keeping this around for those special moments always seemed like a good idea. Anyway to improve the noise aspects of it? Has anyone modded it?

Most importantly, does anyone have a schematic?

Thanks,
joshua

Well, my german exists for making out with german girls and a few IRT buzz words. I will look for something in English, should I not find it, I will contact you and see if we can work out and arrangemet.

Super big thanks,
joshua

[silent:arts] said:
I have a complete Manual and Service Manual incl. schematics in German language.

Hello ! I'm very interested by the schematics, if you don't mind I PM you my Email

bushwick, did you go further on you case ? I recovered one which shows the same "BZZZ" followed by the reverb tail as you describes, when you open it up. but to be honest mine is not that groovy to me . . .

cheers

The German service manual is here

https://en.audiofanzine.com/reverb/emt/medias/other/

Sie können google translate für einige Dinge verwenden, wenn Sie dies benötigen, aber ich finde, wie bei den meisten Übersetzern, können die Dinge manchmal etwas seltsam sein

Latest posts

Back