SSL Comp --Crazy Noise problem

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackbox

My homebrew ssl is acting up. I'm starting a mix so I patch it in and it's buzzing like mad. I've tried lifting the ground, different cables, balanced and unbalanced cables going in and out but no solution. The noise changes if i touch the panel or as i lift the unit and move it around. WHAT GIVES?!?!?! The noise is minimized the most if I set it ontop of an 1176 i just discovered. Can anyone help me with a quick fix so i can start mixing?

THANKS

no quivk fixes sorry but sounds like a ground problen. pin 1 is alwasy ground. check and make sure all your traces are in order i.e. not touching etc etc etc. then chcek for cold solder joinnts.
hell I sould like a broken record read the meta's

BReak out your meter.....with the unit turned off, measure continuity between your chassis and your ground. If there's none, there's your problem. Your chassis should be brough to earth right near your AC input. Also, your audio ground should attach to the earth point at one point.

Cheers,

Kris

Latest posts

Back