Mackie 1604 Mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DanLush

I have a Mackie 1604 which does me fine except for the fact it only has 2 pre-fade auxes - the other 2 are fixed as post. I need the potential for 4 monitor mixes but don't want to have to buy a new desk.

On the mackie website it gives instructions on how to modify the 1402 in this way, (see modifications pdf on http://www.mackie.com/pdf/compactmixer_mods.pdf ) but having looked in side the 1604 it doesn't look possible to do it in the same way. Has anyone done this before? I've been in contact with Mackie but they're (understandably) reluctant to advise us on it! However seeing as the only other option is to buy a new desk I'm happy to take the risk!

Any thoughts?

This Mod has been around for years and I recall seeing it Eon?s ago, as far as
I recall it is a simple solder job, but it has been a while! I think it was a
matter of soldering a jumper to select pre vs post fader.

I can?t check out the PDF right now, maybe someone else can advise.

Cheers

Matt

I don't understand why it doesn't so go to http://www.mackie.com/products/1402vlzpro/index.html and click on modifications.

Dan

1604.jpg

Thank Peter,

It seems my thoughts were correct, bar the fact the traces need to be cut as
well. I?ve never done it but it seems simple enough, you can always undo the
mod at a later stage if you to return it to factory stock.

Cheers

Matt

I have done this mod to several Mackies in the past but not to any of the 1604 series mixers....I'm not sure if you're aware of this but there are 3 different versions of that board, the 1604, 1604VLZ and the 1604 VLZ-Pro and they all have different PC boards. That being said, the ones I've modded all matched the prints I've used. Check and make sure you're using the correct version diagram.
TP

Latest posts

Back