PCB for Jenson Projects and other questions

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneRoomStudio

GDIY Supporter
Does anyone know where I could find a PCB for some of the Jenson schematics, specifically the "full featured direct box" (#ASO66). If not, would somebody be willing to etch one for me? I would pay you a resonable amount for it (well resonable for a college kid). I just want to build something reletively simple and useful (and cheap!), but it's tough finding projects that are worthwhile and still in my price range. I know the jensen kit might cost a little more, mostly because of the transformer, but I'd be willing to spend a little more for something that I could use for the rest of my life. Any other suggestions for kits would be much appreciated. I'm still trying to learn as much as I can about audio electronics and electronics in general. I still plan to do the Royer mod for the MXL 2001, but I have to save up a little for that, so in the mean time I'm looking for some fun cheap projects. Thanks,

-Peter

hey peter-

I wouldnt bother with the expense of a PCB for that jensen DI unless someone has them fabricated already, that would be really easy to build point to point on perfboard, you could more than likely fit the whole thing on the smallest size available at radio shack. Last week I built a DI on perfboard and the whole project only took a few hours including the drilling and sanding of a hammond aluminum box. Sure, PCB's make it easier, but if you need it done, something like that on perf is easy enough.

dave

I did a simple little PCB for Ethan M. with the intention of doing a copy paste for a larger multiple but he never got back to me.
There was a parts lists and re-drawn schematic ... not that it was complicated or any different to the original, just made things easy for him.

Ask Ethan for the details.

I may still have a second PCB somewhere ... :roll:

Latest posts

Back