Nice stuff from Mr Barry Porter

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henk

Here are the two parts that Mr Barry Porter one's wrote.
Here is the download place for it.

Part 1
www.savefile.com/files/7727611
www.savefile.com/files/6628231
www.savefile.com/files/4034619
www.savefile.com/files/7922053
www.savefile.com/files/6067082
www.savefile.com/files/8330812

Part 2
www.savefile.com/files/8385440
www.savefile.com/files/5472963
www.savefile.com/files/5501635
www.savefile.com/files/2189437

Have a look and fun

thanx for posting!

downloading. . .

steff

nice ads btw :green:

img72.jpg

[quote author="CJ"]BTW, who's Barry Porter?[/quote]

the guy that did the trident A range cicuit design....plus lots of other stuff of course :green:

[quote author="CJ"]Well, do you know who Lars Holbek is?[/quote]

No I don't know who he is.

Searching this forum for "Porter" and "Holbek" gives 30 hits for the former and 2 for the latter.

I was just surprised that you, with 4000+ postings on this forum would not have heard about Barry Porter.

That's all...

[quote author="Steffen"][quote author="CJ"]BTW, who's Barry Porter?[/quote]

the guy that did the trident A range cicuit design....plus lots of other stuff of course :green:[/quote]
Including the Net EQ design he gave away free on the internet
http://users.pandora.be/Rogy/Barry%20Porter%20NetEQ/

[quote author="martingriffith"][quote author="CJ"]BTW, who's Barry Porter?[/quote]

He was wonderful gentleman who lived in Luton, and had a cat called Oscar[/quote]

And a used Rover... :shock:

I only knew barry for some 6 years. We exchanged emails and the occational phone call. Never got to meet him unfortunately...

[quote author="cuelist"][quote author="martingriffith"][quote author="CJ"]BTW, who's Barry Porter?[/quote]

He was wonderful gentleman who lived in Luton, and had a cat called Oscar[/quote]

And a used Rover... :shock:

I only knew barry for some 6 years. We exchanged emails and the occational phone call. Never got to meet him unfortunately...[/quote]

I knew Baz for about 15 years, maybe more. I met him when I was freelancing at Cadac. The care he took over "doing it right" was astounding. I'm quite good at PCB design, but his work made mine look like an utter beginner. I miss all those phonecalls, :cry:

martin

I exchanged some emails with him for about one year before his death.

He even designed what he called a simple input module specially for me. What a nice guy!

He was fond of using NE553x opamps in his stuff. He said that the sound quality of his pieces lies on his PCB design. He tried several diferent opamps in his mixers and still prefers the cheapo NE553x stuff...

I´ve posted a very interesting transformerless input module design from him more than once in this forum, but it passed more or less unnoted...

Because you people did not downloading it enough it it gone from that server , it delete every thing that is not downloaded after 10 days anymore.

So which of you does know a server where i can put on these nice things , so everyboby can see them and has fun with these things.

WHO?????

Because Savefile deleted all the nice things there .....
Now it is on a other server and the nice stuff from Mr Barry Porter is now on..
http://Headfonz.rutgers.edu/henk/eti1987/
And
http://Headfonz.rutgers.edu/henk/eti1989/

Have fun with those nice things , and if you have time go up one directory and see if there is something you like.

Latest posts

Back