My mic bottoms are here! My mic bottoms are here!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Sammas"]Is the angle on your end cap just a large chamfer?[/quote]

Yup.

It's kinda hard to get the hang of emachineshop, since it's very specific to their manufacturing process... The chamfer took me like two days to figure out, and then it wouldn't let me mill the countersunk holes for the screws (which I wanted milled so they would have a flat bottom for the screw head to rest against), so I had to use the drill and add a "comment to machinist" saying to use a Forstner bit...

And I definitely agree with the comment about machine combinations: I was trying to design a piece to hammer my grills to shape, kinda like that block of wood that Tim Campbell uses. But It was impossible to get the piece into the software because I couldn't turn the round stock on the lathe and then cut it from the side :?...

Anyway, I have some tube socket holders and top plates on the way from them as well. I'll post some pictures when they get here.

Peace,
Al.

Latest posts

Back