UHER Microphones - does anyone got some info?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thorsten72

Hi,

I recently found out that UHER produced some microphones. Does anyone have one? How is the sound? I´m interested in any info about the m 534, 537 and 539. Thank you!!!

the only mics I know about were the ones they made to plug into the report recorders. I have one somewhere. Probably could use it for something cool, but as a general idea, those plastic molded things are basically disposable.

dave

[quote author="soundguy"]the only mics I know about were the ones they made to plug into the report recorders. I have one somewhere. Probably could use it for something cool, but as a general idea, those plastic molded things are basically disposable.

dave[/quote]

Yeah, I have seen these one too. I think they build for dictation recorders in offices and stuff.

Well, I have seen these ones (M534):

PICT150124090579.jpg

and this m537

d2_2.JPG

Anyway, thank you!!!

Hi guys,

Sorry I am not in the finest state (it is twenty to five here and I have been out), but I know a littl eabout Uher mics.

I wouldn't buy the M534s. They simply don't look good.

I have an M537 - this seems good, I've only just got it. It's a reporters mic and sounds typically German - fairly bright. I believe it may be an AKG capsule. Let me confirm later though.

The M538/9 are dual-diaphragm microphones..... I wonder who designed them...... AKG? Anyway, they are apparently very good.

I'll let you know any more I know tomorrow.

[quote author="rodabod"]Hi guys,
[/quote]

no thats correct...What are people thinking these days?

Listen very carefully..I shall say this only once!

Never buy a mic or any gear because it sounds good! Always buy for looks!

:green: :green: :green:

Kind regards

Peter

[quote author="Peter Simonsen"][quote author="rodabod"]Hi guys,
[/quote]

no thats correct...What are people thinking these days?

Listen very carefully..I shall say this only once!

Never buy a mic or any gear because it sounds good! Always buy for looks!

:green: :green: :green:

Kind regards

Peter[/quote]

Heh heh, sorry, I should have phrased that better.

The M534 does not look technically good because it has a fixed cable (it is a domestic product) and will probably not perform brilliantly.

Cosmetically, it looks like the M537 and M538 which are both good mics - the cosmetic looks don't matter, but technically the looks give away some details of quality.

Anyway, I believe the M537 has an A*KG D190 capsule which is vented through the body of the mic. It sounds slightly similar to a S*ennheiser MD421 - rising treble response - probably for voice.

I would bet that the M538 has an A*KG D202 capsule(s).

Overall, good quality mics (apart from the M534 which I don't like the look of :razz: ).

Thank you rodabod,

I think you are right, they were made for domestic use and as far as I found out they were made for UHER reporter reel to reel and tape machines. The plugs are some kind of a DIN 5 pin and XLR thingy. But a AKG capsule doesn´t sound to bad. Putting a new XLR jack on it is no issue. Will see...

Back