WOW!!! I almost lost the train.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrissugar

Last time I checked at TechTalk was a week ago and yesterday I was shocked to discover that the forum disapeared. First I thought it is a technical problem but soon discovered that "closed because of illegal bla bla bla". I think I was the last one who read the post about the regroup place because after a minute the thread disapeared.

I was so happy to find you all here. I allways said TechTalk is the best place on the net, but it was not because of the place but because of the people. You all are great, I'm so proud to belong to such a wonderfull comunity.
The strange thing is that some days ago I thought about how we can contact each other if the whole Techtalk thing would disapear. Now I know that I would like to have your mail addresses because I would not be happy to loose you if something like the RO incident happen again.

chrissugar

Hey Jakko my brother, great to be here with you and the boys and girls [yes we have Vikki, this nice techgirl]. I like this new home. How are you . Any new interesting projects you working on? I'm very busy with my new toys.

chrissugar

I built and tested lots of things in the last three or four month: built 40 jfet opamps, 60 amp modules based on the Hampton circuit, 10 NTP100 opamps, 10 Quadeight opamps and now Melcors, but not the one based on the PeterC boards, I redesigned the board. Finished most of my projects excluding the Sontec because I can't afford the time to solder 960 resistors to the 24 step ELMA switches. New projects are, a new preamp based on the jfet amp modules, opto compressor/limiter based on Perkin Elmer optocouplers and a buss summing mixer. Also other things to do: MS matrix for mastering based on transformers, the Trident type compressor but with some upgrades, a varimu compressor and other things.
Done many measurements and listening tests.
Also a lot of my time is dedicated to sound engineering and reading electronics related stuff. I sleep when I have time. :green:

chrissugar

Chris,

Sounds like you've done some great work- congrats!

[quote author="chrissugar"] I sleep when I have time. :green: [/quote]

...and dream of more projects!!

:thumb:

Mark

"...and dream of more projects!! "

No Mark, I don't need to dream about new projects because I do them all the time. My life is a dream. :green:

chrissugar

Latest posts

Back