Burr Brown (TI) OPA4132PA op-amps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthias

does anybody know, where I can get some OPA4132PA ??

I need some replacements for LF347N

I only find the smd / soic version...
maybe there's an adapter you can use ??

mat

one of the lf347n in my valley people dynamite is broken...

so I wanted to replace all lf347 by the opa4132ap
because it has better specs...
there's a manual on the web "how to make the alesis 3630 better"
there are also the lf347n's replaced by opa4132

I don't know anything about the input impedance...

mat

BB4132PA is obsolete.
StrayCat has managed to put surface mount jobbies on an adaptor with a little care.
I've got all the details and will shove them on line in a while.
Sorry for the delay StrayCat....I'm an idle bastard.

peter

:green:
Guess what? I have some OPA4134PA in the DIP14 package, yes they are obsolete...now for about 2 yrs. PM me if you are interested. They are similar to the 4132, though I have not used those. The input impedance on the x134 family is higher than the x132. Either one draws about twice the current of the '347

If you wanted an alternative that is about the same to the '347 but sounds better, IMO, TL074 should do the trick. They are pretty close.

Peace!
Charlie

I just found out that in the schematic of the dynamite are only tl074s used... in my unit there are tl074 and some lf347 in th place where there also should be tl074...

so I'm looking for a tl074 with better specs for audio use...

@ rf: thank you for the tips...
Or,if you don't mind using TI chips

do you mean ti chips are not so good for audio stuff ??

mat

In eq circuits, I've had very good results with the MC33079 instead of TL074's. That is, where combined relatively high gain and low distortion is needed.

For low-gain circuits, I don't think you'll be able to spot much difference from the 074.

Jakob E.

No Worries Peter, :grin: If anyone wants I can forward any and all of my info and or pictures. I saw a clamp type soic adaptor, no solder type somewhere and lost it of course. I think it was for proto-typing soic chips. I remember it was expensive! The soic adaptors I used were $7 or so CDN dollars. Any way I?ll search on the solderless type since people would probably rather skip the small soldering without a pace kit or hot air paste soldering and pay the extra price!?

Check out here, cut copy and paste, I'm too hammered to figure out the link thing. :roll: They are $60.00 a piece, :shock: time to learn how to solder I think! :twisted:

http://www.logicalsys.com/soic-adapter.asp

Anyway I'm off to record something, don't know what yet but something. Holidays are so Cool. No early wakey tommorow. Rock ON :cool:
Free beer if you get here before 10:00. Damn, hope those lorlin switches can take the heat......G9 almost alive. :grin: Don't drink and solder. :razz:

[quote author="SonsOfThunder"]:green:
Guess what? I have some OPA4134PA in the DIP14 package....They are similar to the 4132, though I have not used those.[/quote]

I found my old data sheets on these two today...4134 is specified for audio, 4132 is not, but as I said has similar specs. x134 has become my favorite. :grin:

Charlie

I made some tests with my ssl comp a few months ago...

I put phillips ne553xa on the left channel and ti ne553xa on the right

after some tests... I couldn't really hear big a difference, sometimes the ti sounded better for me...

Again my 5 cent to this:
you can get TI Burr Brown samples of opa4227 in a DIP package which are doing very fine in my alesis 3630 mod, slightly better specs than opa4132. opa 4134 seem to be not quiet as good as 4132 but seems a matter of taste. i just got simple industry quality SOIC - DIP adaptor PCBs from ebay (they work well) for 5,50? a bunch! Look out for such!

Back