Searched for long time but can't find a "Tube DI Schema

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been there. couldn't find anything lots of hi-fi stuff though or am I missing a design idea?

basicly my understanding would be a tube pre amp stage to a cathode follower stage as output right?

Here is one I did a while back, after much help from this board, that works pretty well.
Mini%20Tube%20DI.gif

Uses phantom power, a miniature tube and a DC/DC converter. As usual I added more than necessary to the functionality but it sounds nice, is simple to build and dosen't cost too much.

Yep, that's the DC-DC converter and associated circuitry recommended by MAXIM and experimentation. I tried several varieties of converter but found this one to be least noisey and easiest to use (free sample from MAXIM as well).
I was really concerned with current draw from the phantom supply by the heaters of the small tube. I found the 6088 to have the least draw of any readily available tube and it worked pretty well on test.

My quistion sounds a little studid. sorry newbie.
You have drawed to arrows with Phantom 1 and 2. Do it run on phantom from the XLR from a mixer where you want you signal to go or from a separat powersupply?

i had hand drawn the Demeter and have a basic cathode follower
version as well , what is THE easier way to post a gif or other to
the group ? [ i have to scan them ]

regards Greg

It will run on 48VDC from whatever, mixer, seperate supply, etc. I designed it to run from a mixer because that was convinient. I got a sample of the MAX5033 from Maxim so I don't have a source for it. Sorry.

Digikey, Newark, and Arrow Electronics are all listed as distributors. None of tem show stock and Arrow is the only place that the part number comes up in a search.

Getting a sample from Maxim might be the only way to get one at the moment.

HTH!
Charlie

I pm'd you to send a couple of scans Demeter & simple cf from
mag article , both use the mic level out Jensen transformer , which
is the only way to get the impedance conversion unless you design
a line level out unit like Bruce Siefrieds " Evil Twin " which i own one
and it's great , Most i've seen are simple & use the Jensen .

but even the simple cf version can work well and i've
included a tube bypass on some incase of power problem or simply
wanting passive .

take care regards Greg

Back