SSL Listen Mic Compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="pucho812"]vst to rtas convert for pro tools :twisted:[/quote]

There is such a thing? Whereat?

not sure if the wrapper makes it xp friendly or not but does make it mac slow tools friendly. Problem is even though the plug is free you stillhave to have the vst version inastalled to use it with slow tools. you can't just copy the converted rtas plug and move to a new system. not a big problem but basicly fxpansion has type of coding system so have to have fxpansion and the vst on the system at all times. plus sometimes hardly ever plugs do not convert correctly and features are lost. shouldn't be a problem here. I converted the delaylama free plug not too long ago. never use it except to have it running in background, when not being used as a synth the monk will dance/clap hands. "yo dawg the S**t is tight" is often heard.

In regards to FXpansion VST to RTAS wrapper, you can copy a .dll file directly to the C:\Program Files\FXpansion\Vst2Rtas\Vstplugins folder or choose this destination when installing a VST plugin instead of the normally default C:\Program Files\Steinberg\Vstplugins folder. Run the application (FXpansion- Configure VST-RTAS) after the install and before you fire up Pro Tools.

I've found that 95% of VST plugs will work in LE via this adapter.

I think the free ssl plugin is just for maketing...
I don't know if it has something with he real
listen-mic-comp in common, but for me it's totally boring and useless..
a good looking gui doesn't make a good sound..

:grin: Just for reference purposes and 'to have it' and to have a sneak peek.
Well, now i'm the proud legal owner of the first official SSL plugin.... :wink:
I don't expect this one to sound good in competition to the hardware (or hardware in general?)...in fact i didn't tried out yet...
But as several people here are doing most everyday work in-the-box, and as i found this thread already discussing the topic...
One can get it for free so i assume you're right about marketing, matthias.
That's not bad at all...(like the free kjaerhus limiter plugin...)
a good looking gui doesn't make a good sound..
At least you can impress a customer with a licensed piece of SSL-equipment...and use 'real' stuff afterwards to actually do the job. :razz:

Kind regards

Martin

Latest posts

Back