SSL Front Panel Express File

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Siegfried Meier

Hey all,

Does anyone have a good looking G-SSL with a Behringer meter Front Panel Express File? I have one but the fonts are all from Front Panel, and it's bloody expensive, and I don't have Corel Draw to do the HPGL files.

Thanks.
Siegfried

Here are some pics of one i just made for a friend. first is the Front Panel and the other two are what the results are.

He just picked it up todays. Loves it.. and rang me up after he used it for a while.. absolutely loves it...

i am not sure what you mean about Font.. the file i have is a modified version of the one on Frank's (NRGRECORDING) website... i added some numbers and slightly altert some positions... the Fonts that you can use in FPD are limited... but get the job done... if there are other concerns.. meaning not likign any of the fonts.. then , well, dont have any advise....

NateGsslFrontpanelrev1.jpg

IMG_4168.jpg

IMG_4169.jpg

It's not that I don't like the fonts - it's when you use them, they get really expensive. If you attach an image, and export it from Corel for instance, it's far cheaper. Check out Franks site - you'll see what I mean. What did your front panel cost?

Repairman - your link doesn't work brother.

Siegfried

[quote author="Repairman"]Hi heres a link for a fronpanel I have just ordered.

SSLfront[/quote]

just a question...
at the threshold pot you are using -15 0 and 15. I this what you want? Or do you actually want -15 0 +15 or 15 0 15... ? And have you extented the make up range? If I remember correctly, the standard is +15db maximum make up.

Hey quadwould,
when I do the engraving close to the edge of the frontpanel, the nice woman from schaeffer always dress me down. :green: "thats too close to the edge...""
smilie_dududu.gif
What about your panel? No problems?

Frank.

Hey Frank, nope no problems. it was a little close.. but it did fit right it.. i think the Par-Metal front panels are a little bigger in height than the one in the file from your site.. a couple MM i think.. (dont remember exactly.

the panel cost around $85 or so.. and that was after shipping. its a bit more than Frank's because i added some numbers and changed the bit a few times.. ( for the drilling of the Be*inger meter part, and the holes for the pots and switches... (to fit those on Greg Steins list.) bit changes cost a little more...

Yes, my mistake offcourse I mean Thrust.

The threshold is -15 0 +15 I just havent added the + as I dont think it makes any sense for a possitive number.

The makeup gain is 0-20dB on the gyraf version.

and the best part is only 32euro including the material :)

Latest posts

Back