Microphone sockets as used by manufacturer

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Steve

errmmmm...

don't know where the manufacturers get them from, or even if any manufacturers use 7 pin XLRs.

I got some from canford audio. Farnell also have a wide range of different xlrs - i think they do 7 pin.

:thumb:

I'm personally going with Amphenol-Tuchel C091A series circular cennectors for my G7. I like the look and screw on connection. They're a bt pricey compared to XLR's, but I figure if I'm sinking a few hundred dollars into a pair of mics, I might as well splurge a bit.

Now if I can only find more someplace that sells the entire C091A line with gold pins instead of silver.

Daniel

I like the amphenol. I used the 6pin and mogami cable to build the 800 type microphone.

The 6 pin is rated to 300VDC and the 8pin 160VDC IIRC. I bought the amphenol connectors from mouser. The price differenec is not that much compared to 7 pin XLRs if you can find 7 pin XLRs.

Gus,

Silver or Gold contacts? Allied is the only major place I can find any gold contacts, and they only have them on Male cable mount and Female panel mount connectors. Otherwise, Digikey seems to have the best price over all for silver contacts.

I'd prefer to go gold, for the lesser maintainence, but it's looking like I may just have to settle for the silver.

Daniel

Chaps,

Thanks for the replies, But maybe i should have explained a little better ! :oops:

what i'm after is basically the xlr insert that goes into most " bought " mics.

the ones that fix with a screw through the body of the mic.

i've been doing a bit of turning brass, for the bottom of my G7, and i'd like to fit a 7 pin xlr type insert into the mic.

hope this explains things a little better :thumb:

Steve

Sadly I haven't seen the inserts for sale separately. I think you will need to cannibalise something.

What I normally do is buy a 5/6/7 pin XLR male panelmount socket and remove the insert. If you're modding a mic then you remove the 3 pin from the mic and swap them over. You now have a 3 pin for the audio output from the PSU.

Markertek is worth trying out for funky connectors. I got my 5 pin inserts (switchcraft P/N QG5M) for my Royer mods from them--the item was special order but not too pricy. If you can find a part # they'll almost certainly order it for you.

Tom

Latest posts

Back