Maselec eq cards- SSL, what to do?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

syn

Hi

I want to put some maselec eq cards in rack.Does anyone know what kind of power supplay switches and pots do i need?I also need Pin out data for sSL-4000 E series. Anyone has the shematics?Cards are supposed to be replacement for the 4000-6000 eq cards.

Thank You

Yep. You'll need (per channel) a 56-pin edge connector with a keyway, 4 x 47k reverse-log clarostats, 4 x 10k linear, center-tapped clarostats and two (10k???) dual (log?) pots. In addition you'll need a 3-pole reverse log (hell I can't remember that value) and a dual linear (I forget that too) for the filter frequencies. You should get them with endstop switches or (second choice) add bypass switches. Then you'll need to set the jumpers accordingly.

At a guess, I'd say that each pot is likely to cost about $40 US (I think they range from $35-$47) from SSL. there are twelve pots per channel and they were custom made, you son't get them off the shelf anywhere else that I know of. It'll cost you almost $500 per channel for the pots unless you just buy old SSL modules and take them from those.

I've got 82E02s and 82E242s that use the same exact component combinations and it's simply not economically viable to rack them without a cheap source of pots.

-See Pucho's AES thread in the Brewery... I had a long chat with Leif 2 days ago...

I've never heard of a D-series SSL... you must mean E series. The Maselecs also fitted G-series, which used one different pot value, and the 10-pin 'scotchflex' connectors, but otherwise everything the same.

Welcome Syn... -Where are you? -Can you add your location to your profile?

Keith

If you can point me to the direction where I can find schematics and
exact values for pots I will then do the search.
regards

Back