In need of these TAB/Funken module schems and/or pinouts *UPDATEDw/schem*

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smallbutfine

Kubi's site is not back on duty and yesterday i got three big tab/funken desk modules...
Named:

"TAB SK" (single 13mm mono fader, 4 buttons, reading "1>" to "4>")

and

"TAB PBK" (2x stereo 13mm faders, a -15dB attenuator per single fader, two round buttons in the mid reading "VH", two square buttons reading "PW|EW" and "AUTO MTS".)

Both have 48-pin Siemens-Messerleiste (?) - connectors (2x per module).

I really should have grabbed all i can about all german modules, but i don't have anything about these... :cry:

Is anyone of you a lucky owner of a little bit more info's about them?

Any help appreciated...

Kind regards

Martin

So i opened it up to get a clue about them. quite easy, just a few rounds with the screwdriver...
One is the T40-Einspiel/Playback-Kassette (PBK), 387 WF, the other one T40-SK-03-85.

The faders are Penny&Giles Type 0460068 (PBK) and 0460061/2(SK).
The PBK has four Pikatron RÜP 162 M transformers, the SK one Haufe ST 1790/4 transformer.
All audio ic's are NE5532AP or NE5534AN, caps are Roederstein (lot of tantals in there...), SDS Relais (24V of course), connectors are Siemens 32-pin Messerleiste...
Looking nice, everything for a type of snap in...

I found a website of someone claiming to have nearly all docs of TAB here in germany...contacted him.

Hi Martin!
That´s been a cool auction :) ... I got 6 of them (EK, HEK, KK, SK, 2xATK), and I wish I´d had the money to get some more.
I think they will arrive here next week. I was hoping to get lots of old german trannies and stuff...
If you get the schematics, I´d be very interested!
Toff

That´s been a cool auction :)

Yep, i wish i had bitten on more modules... :green: :thumb:

toffifee, you got one of these EQ's :razz: ?

I was hoping to get lots of old german trannies and stuff

Well open them up and there they are... :green:

The schem's / doc's are all paper, copies are paper as well, don't know how long it takes to get an answer...this man has the biggest tube desk i ever saw on the net... look at EDITED: http://www(dot)funkstunde(dot)de/de/technik/roehrentechnik-tonstudio.html (edit the dots), technik, all that ole stuff man...

I won't forget you all, i will lend a digi camera... :wink:[/quote]

Hello to the TAB EK owners!

Did you get your channelstrips ready for work?

What about the sound of this modules? Do like them?

Also do have shematics available?

I am very interested, maybe i can get some of them.

best regards,
Wolfgang

Hi,

Do Someone found any info about these TAB Modules??

Thanks
Opacheco.

smallbutfine said:
So i opened it up to get a clue about them. quite easy, just a few rounds with the screwdriver...
One is the T40-Einspiel/Playback-Kassette (PBK), 387 WF, the other one T40-SK-03-85.

The faders are Penny&Giles Type 0460068 (PBK) and 0460061/2(SK).
The PBK has four Pikatron RÜP 162 M transformers, the SK one Haufe ST 1790/4 transformer.
All audio ic's are NE5532AP or NE5534AN, caps are Roederstein (lot of tantals in there...), SDS Relais (24V of course), connectors are Siemens 32-pin Messerleiste...
Looking nice, everything for a type of snap in...

I found a website of someone claiming to have nearly all docs of TAB here in germany...contacted him.

Hi opacheco
and everyone who has been searching for the T-40 module docs,

the archiver of the TAB / NWDR docs unfortunately did not collect the newer TAB desk docs in time.

Therefore it took literally years until Wolfgang got his hands on at least some schematics, but these are really helpful!
He was kind enough to share, since we both bought some of the modules at some point.

I uploaded them now to googledocs at our groupdiy googlemail account.

If everything works correctly, you can click following links and will be directed to the schematic pages at google:

T40-EK page 1
T40-EK page 2
T40-EK page 3
T40-EK page 4

T40-SK

This is the only information available.
The EK module is an input channel with EQ, the SK seems to be a summing module.
Pinout can be read from the schematics.

Unfotunately i have no further information about the other modules, like PBK etc...

Thanks for your attention and best regards,
Martin

Martin,

That´s great Docs!!!...thanks a lot for take your time and post these files, I really appreciete so much your work!!.

By the way, have you taste the sound of these modules???...and What is your favorite use(vocal, guitar, drums??)???

Are these TAB T40 modules like V6xx, V2xx, V9xx, Telefunken/Tab/Siemens/Lawo similar topology and performer????

Thanks a lot again,
Opacheco

smallbutfine said:
Hi opacheco
and everyone who has been searching for the T-40 module docs,

the archiver of the TAB / NWDR docs unfortunately did not collect the newer TAB desk docs in time.

Therefore it took literally years until Wolfgang got his hands on at least some schematics, but these are really helpful!
He was kind enough to share, since we both bought some of the modules at some point.

I uploaded them now to googledocs at our groupdiy googlemail account.

If everything works correctly, you can click following links and will be directed to the schematic pages at google:

T40-EK page 1
T40-EK page 2
T40-EK page 3
T40-EK page 4

T40-SK

Pinout can be read from the schematics.

Unfotunately i have no further information about the other modules, like PBK etc...

Thanks for your attention and best regards,
Martin

The SK is not a summing module!
I tried it! I am using this module as additional line-Input without EQ!

Some more information on this desk would be very helpfull!!

regards,
Wolfgang

wolfgang said:
SK always is = Sonderkassette = special custom build module (at least with Neumann consoles, but could be the same with earlier TAB / Telefunken modules)
in our studios I have at least 4 x SK1 (Sonderkassette 1), and they are all different in each studio

SK always is = Sonderkassette = special custom build module

Good hint!!!

In this case its a mono channel module with fader and group assignement only.

regards,
Wolfgang

wolfgang, [silent:arts]

Thanks a lot for your comments.

The pic is one of my modules and this have a 50 pins conector. What module is it then???

Thanks a lot,
Opacheco.

wolfgang said:

I tried it! I am using this module as additional line-Input without EQ!

Some more information on this desk would be very helpfull!!

regards,
Wolfgang

Attachments

• TAB T40 Kanalzug.jpg
    TAB T40 Kanalzug.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 96

Latest posts

Back