TORE SEEM preamp/EQ racking

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozzie

I've come across parts of a TORE SEEM broadcast console and I'm thinking of racking 8 of the preamps and EQ's (removing the aux sends and the faders) as they are really nice with lundahl transformers. Does anyone have any experience in this (or in TORE SEEM in general)?

Some pics of a channel strip:

tsstrip.jpg

tsin.jpg

tsclose.jpg

Does anyone have any experience in this (or in TORE SEEM in general)?

Not much. I've used them many times, but I've never been inside of one. Good, clean sounding broadcast console.

/A

Tore Seem are from Norway, and they are the formerly Kongsberg factory, that made broadcast consoles for the nordic radio and TV company`s under the 1960/70.

--Bo

Maybe i get the original pinout / schems soon...stay tooned...
Company is http://www.seemix.no/ nowadays.
Maybe we are soon in a similar situation, Ozzy.
I planned to use two of them in a custom Box/desk as an alternate sounding channel strip stereo pair side by side to other vintage gear for recording and folcr*m follower uses...as a part for a patchable patchwork console. These babes need (+15V, -15V?), 24V, 48V...

Yes, that would be great! I have a user's guide (in Swedish), but there are no schematics except for the NTP compressors (which somebody took out along with the goniometer, too bad...). If you need that schem, I can scan it and make a pdf of.

I bought a Tore Seem Seemix no. 4 6 months ago. I paid 7000 NOK (about 1000 $). It got 24 channels, 8 aux, 8 sub groups and 10 compressors to mention some feathers. It is smacked full with lundahl transformers. The channels differ from the ones pictured here. I've got the same preamp and preamp eq as them, but I also got 5 bands eq and seperate out from every channel Good bargain!

It also got a computer routing system. It uses the same chip as the legendary commondore 64 computer. (now a days this is ofcause crap) It doesn't work and nor do the faders. As it stands is it a big (enormous monster) rack with 24 preamps and eq and 10 compressors. And, yes it sounds really good. I have worked on a ssl 4000, and on amek by langley. The Tore Seem is just as good as those and perhaps even better. No one knows what Tore Seem is. It's an unknown pice of paradise, sold cheap! If you come by one buy it!

I also want to build the mixer into racks. I want to make 3 cassettes of 8 channels, one with 8 comps and one with 2 comps. In this way I can bring the mixer around and record where ever they want me to. I can just bring what I need.

The info on these mixers is really hard to come by. Lets keep this as an Tore Seem tread, and collect as much as we can here. Here is what I know.

Tore Seem mixers was built at kongsberg amofactory until Tore Seem started his own business in the late 70s. He built the mixers for broadcasting both TV and Radio. NRK( Norwegian BBC) still uses a big Tore Seem in the big studio. They use it to record bands who appear on TV. ( My band has been appearing on TV, that's why I know( Ok.. Looks like bragging, my band is small and has no success. We have sold 500 copies, but been on TV)

I don't know what happened to Tore Seem, but in the late 80s, the company changed it's name to seemix.

I have 200 pages of block diagrams, but no close up schematics. I can scan them if anybody wants them. I can also take some pics.

I've been in contact with seemix, NRK, the swedish importer and lots of others, but no one has the schematics. Someone here?

[quote author="Ozzie"]Yep, I snatched your pics after a google search, I hope it was ok? I'll PM you about the pinout/documentation.[/quote]

No problems, I have replied to your pm.

[quote author="anneflyr"]
I've been in contact with seemix, NRK, the swedish importer and lots of others, but no one has the schematics. Someone here?[/quote]

I have the schematics for the pictured model, the master module and the monitor module as well as the power supply.

I can make copies to you too when I make them for Ozzie. It is a long foldout schematics so I will make A4 copies that you can "assemble".

I got the schematics from echorec (gunnar) and have emailed them to Jakob. I'll put them up on a url as soon as possible so anyone can get them. Please more schematics is needed. Post or email me any Tore Seem schematics and I'll bring 'em all together on my url.

Latest posts

Back