18-Position Rotary Switch?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Samuel Groner

Hi

Is there a high-quality (Elma-ish) 18-position, two-deck rotary switch out there? Shorting and preferably for hand soldering.

Elma doesn't make one and on the Grayhill page it is impossible to find anything...

Thanks!
Samuel

I think you can set stop pins in the Elma 24 posn switch to reduce the # of positions.

Cheers,

Kris

PS: Will get the servo paper to you....my wife just had our baby, and my life has been more than a little hectic of late....

You could order that from Grayhill, as far as I know there is no min. order.

The type you want it a 53 series, and then adjust the stop to 18 positions. They are 24 pos normally. Should be about $40-50 for a switch like that. I asked for a 4deck one and got quoted $90...

might be a few weeks lead-time, maybe a month. If you have an available source of Elma's then they'll probably be around the same price.

Tom

True, that would be one possibility. Would be nice to have 20° per step though - I have a 0 dB to 68 dB mic pre in my mind, which makes 4 dB steps.

Stop! 23*3 dB = 69 dB = 17 * 4 = 68 dB (for Rock 'n' Roll).

OK, solved, will get a 24 position Elma... Think before you post (actually I believed to have thougth)! :oops:

Thanks for the answers nonetheless!

my wife just had our baby
Congratulations - hope everything is well!

Samuel

Latest posts

Back