Triad HS- series transformers

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Molybdenum is in ample supply, and cheaper than Tungsten, and widely used in metallurgy.

What may not be happening: the specialized processors making transformer sheet may not be interested in teeny orders of odd alloys.

An update on this.

Saw a couple of pictures online of an HS-52 that I've never seen before with an address of Perris, CA displayed on the unit.

So I reached out to them via email and asked if this means they are reissuing these again and got this reply today:

"Thanks for your interest in Triad. Yes, we are manufacturing these again based on the original designs and materials. The initial parts that we produced have been very well received.

We are in the process of releasing the parts to our distribution channels. This should happen within the next 3-4 weeks. Can you let us know where you are located, so I can connect you with the correct sales person?"

Seems very promising. Thinking it may be cool for us to reach out to them and show them support? There's a general email form available here:

https://info.triadmagnetics.com/lp-contact-us
Thanks,
Chris

Attachments

• s-l1600 (2).jpg
    s-l1600 (2).jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 37
  • s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 35
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 35
The HS-52 samples on ebay are listed at $717 a piece, it's a bit crazy really
Agree, though I think that is someone unfortunately trying to capitalize on the ignorance of someone... I don't think that price would be sustainable for Triad to sell them at (i.e., no one would buy them at that price) and my guess is that the actual price would be about 1/2 of that. But what do I know? 🤪

Vintage Windings (likely a smaller outfit than Triad (?)) is making/selling them for $350 on ePay and I suspect Triad can leverage economies of scale more so than VW?

That new example has the hermetic pin header. Hammond stopped using the hermetic headers because the cost went through the roof to keep using them 5-10 years ago. The newer Hammond with wire leads are still $140US-ish apiece.

Back