Any fix for A1esis studio 32 mixer noise and hum

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ohhey

The preamps in my old A1esis mixer seem to have a lot more hiss in the higher gain range these days. And when I use the solo bus I get hum. Any know fixes for this machine ?

I don't recall hum on a solo bus or anything on mine so that sounds rather abnormal. Sounds like there is a ground undone somewhere in there, though. Or something is oscillating. You'll have to pull it apart and look. The mic preamps (and a bunch of other modules) are on little daughter cards which are a bit hard to work on.

Even though i am not familiar with this particular model i have a couple small suggestions. If you are getting a hum i would bet it is oscillating at your line frequency 60 Hz in North America, 50Hz in Europe. Either case if its is humming when ever you press any solo button i would suggest tracing back to the buss where they are all mixed together and look for possibly a faulty capacitor to ground, could be between the supply voltage and ground, or the input/output signals to ground. I know its not alot of help but i could be a start.

Happy hunting.

Even though i am not familiar with this particular model i have a couple small suggestions. If you are getting a hum i would bet it is oscillating at your line frequency 60 Hz in North America, 50Hz in Europe. Either case if its is humming when ever you press any solo button i would suggest tracing back to the buss where they are all mixed together and look for possibly a faulty capacitor to ground, could be between the supply voltage and ground, or the input/output signals to ground. I know its not alot of help but i could be a start.

Happy hunting.

[quote author="zdavesf"]Even though i am not familiar with this particular model i have a couple small suggestions. If you are getting a hum i would bet it is oscillating at your line frequency 60 Hz in North America, 50Hz in Europe. Either case if its is humming when ever you press any solo button i would suggest tracing back to the buss where they are all mixed together and look for possibly a faulty capacitor to ground, could be between the supply voltage and ground, or the input/output signals to ground. I know its not alot of help but i could be a start.

Happy hunting.[/quote]

Thanks, I'll do some more testing and see if I can corner it.

Back