meter bezel for Urei 1178 ?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matthias

does anyone know, where I can get a replacement meter bezel for the urei 1178 ??

or maybe another bezel, that fits to the 1178 meters ??

thank you
matthias

surplus sales of nebraska have them.

The one on the left on this page.

The silver paint on the front edge rubs off with alcohol, and the result I have used on a BL-40 which uses the same exact meter bezel.

Keith

[quote author="SSLtech"]surplus sales of nebraska have them.
Keith[/quote]

Aha!?

I bought these bezels from surplus... for used old ampex modutec meters - they don't fit. But I don't think Keith is wrong (of course not :wink: ), because the mechanical meter trim is far below the meter scale. (at the meters i bought)

try to check the dimensions of your meter

the approx. dimensions (bezel):
inside 70,60mm x 35,50mm
outside 44,50mm x 79,90mm
cutout 40,50mm x 76,00mm

Frank.

[quote author="nrgrecording"][quote author="SSLtech"]surplus sales of nebraska have them.
Keith[/quote]I bought these bezels from surplus for used old ampex modutec meters - they don't fit. But I don't think Keith is wrong (of course not :wink: ), because the mechanical meter trim is far below the meter scale. (at the meters i bought)[/quote]

Frank, the bezel still fits the ampex meters (I have two in my 1176's and 25 more here!) but the mechanical zero is hidden. Since the mechanical rest position never usually needs resetting, that's no problem. But if you have the correct meter (with the higher mechanical rest adjsuntment; -right below the window) then this is indeed the perfect bezel.

Here's my Ampex meter with this bezel:
1176guts.jpg

...and from the front:
1176front.jpg

Keith

I bet these are different meters.
With my meters, the bezels don't fit at any position :wink:
(the meter is too wide and too small in the height)

modutec_meter_with_bezel02.jpg

But the sifam AL29WF bezel fits 100%. So everything is cool... :green:

modute_meets_sifam02.jpg

Ahem... regarding these niiice bloo's... these are schaeffer panels, right? Have you used threaded bolts which were pressed in by schaeffer?
I tried this before... it works, but iam afraid if this will be strong enough... so that the switch assemblies won't fall into the rackcase after some month :wink: ...no vu illumination and stereo link option?

Latest posts

Back