Sony MXP3000 eq service manual?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rascalseven

Does anyone have a service manual for the EQ34 (LC-type) and EQ35 (10-band graphic) eq's used in the MXP3000 consoles? The actual model numbers are MXBK-EQ34 and MXBK-EQ35, I believe. The Sony part numbers are T9486187A (EQ34) and T9486188A (EQ35).

Sony no longer has service manuals for these. I would love to get a service manual, but schematics alone would be great too.

Thanks,

JC

Rascal talk with Randy Belvins and Belvins audio exchange. He is the MCI/Sony Guru. He's out of Nashville and he can probably help. He is currently locating a complete set of manuals for a 3056 for me. :thumb: Shoot if he finds them all I should have and would be able to make copys of the schemos and e-mail them.... Not to mention I might be able to get acopy of a complete set of 3036 manuals as the old studio I worked at westlake has them..
It's hard to work on a discontinued product as it has been discontinued for 10 years now but parts are plentyful just have to do some searching after all they did sell 400 of the 36 channels and about 25 of the 56 channels. what's wrong with the EQ post some pics and we might be able to help you out. PLus it might just be chaeper to buy a replacement module as you can get them around 200- 300 US.

I have the service manuals for most analog Sony Professional Products. I can bring them to work monday and scan them. the service manual consists of the schems and physical dimensions of the frame and board layouts and artwork. not much in terms of circuit analysis or anything. but i definitely have the schems. not much to the LC circuit. just very specific values on the henrys and capacitances. you would have trouble finding parts outside of sony.

I have the big "Engineering Drawings" book with my MXP3036. It's got the schematics for both of those EQs. I'll also be glad to share anything I have.

What I dont' have is the schematic for the full parametric (continuously variable Q) EQ modules I have in my console. Do you have those amorris?

pucho, I wouldn't mind having some spare modules. Where can you get them for the $200-$300 price?

This is probably gonna' sound crazy, but has anybody ever tried to mod one of these consoles from VU to VF or vice versa? I have the VUs but would prefer the light meters.

Thanks,
Glenn

Latest posts

Back