Iron tip for Weller?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The standard tip that normally comes with the iron works well for most things. You may need a smaller tip also for SMD work.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

Hey mikkel.

There was no tip with the unit...

Will tihs work?
112-957 PTP7 Conical 1/32" 5/8" 700° $4.28

I like the small screwdriver tips.

The conical-pointy ones are ok, but they are more suitable for very small components.

Screwdriver style ones are good for PCBs and for hard-wriring (jack sockets, switches, etc.).

I would go for about 3-5mm width, but that is my preference.

[quote author="Soeren_DK"]There was no tip with the unit... [/quote]
I know, but I guess the datasheet for the iron will tell you what the standard type is. It's marked "7" if that's a help.

Best regards,

Mikkel C. Simonsen

I got no datasheet so I think i will call RS tommorow and hear. I can see that the have Weller her in DK....

The 7 stamped on the end indicates the temperature- 700 degrees F. I prefer a screwdriver or chisel tip (PTM7) because the more iron surface in contact with the piece being soldered, the faster it comes up to soldering temperature. This prevents overheating components.

I have an extra weller tip - I do not have a weller iron - its unused, I ordered it by accident. If I can find it I can send it out to you for just the cost of postage. If you are interested that is.

heh, just realized where you are living, and that shipping from NYC to Denmark might be a little insane. Its probably cheaper to just add the tip onto your next electronics parts order.

The mail-order shop "Aarhus Radiolager" in Denmark - tel 86246422 - can sell you ANY spare part for your Weller - naturally including all sorts of tips. Go for a #7, small "screw-driver" shape.

Jakob E.

Latest posts

Back