Newbie Question - Cables and Connectors

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

For those following my little modular long term mixer project I have a question.
Most of the DIY projects assume that you are installing the xlr, jack plugs and connectors from PSUs in the chassis.
However - I don't want to go down this route - but go down a pin out route (like the Telefunkens)
I plan to put the audio and power connections into the pins and use different coloured cable connectors to indicate the different voltages available
I can't imagine that the cable runs will be more than 12 inches/30cms or so

Question 1
Is it okay to run power and audio together in a ribbon cable or should I think about separate cables grouped within a cable run?

Question 2
A really simple question...
I wish to put a cable connector at a right angle to my eurocard plug board - are we talking a DIN 41612 type C connector?

BUMP
Please - anybody - I really don't want to mount XLR and Jack sockets onto the board when I can use some sort of ribbon connectorsor or other cable

The PCBs I am using are matrix board and have 2.54mm pitch with a hole diameter of 1.00mm

How do I connect them together? (i.e. what connectors can I put on the PCB to connect to something which is then carried by something (ribbon cable) to a connector on the other PCB
Is it okay to have audio and PSU cables in the same loom - or do I have two separate connectors - one for power and one for audio/signal?

> Is it okay to have audio and PSU cables in the same loom

Very-clean DC is normally OK with audio.

Back