GroupDIY Gmail Account?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rodabod

Hi,

I thought this might be a good idea, so I thought I'd run it past you to see what anybody thinks.

I have set up a Gmail Account which has 2.66GB of storage space so that GroupDIY members could share and access files.

This would mean plenty of free space, no more "dead" links to files and simple sharing of larger files.

If anybody would like this, let me know and I will post a username and password.

If anybody is against this, let me know and I will abort the idea.

Roddy

Excellent idea, but wont someone hijack the account eventually if it has an open password ?

Gustav

[quote author="Gustav"]Excellent idea, but wont someone hijack the account eventually if it has an open password ?
[/quote]

Well, I've tried it elsewhere and it seems to work ok.

I think people here would respect it and people from elsewhere wouldn't have much to gain from hijacking it. Email addresses are kept confidential since when you send something to the account in Gmail it is sent from yourself to yourself.

your assuming those that are hijacking don't actually enjoy causing chaos and pissing people off...

I don't think so...

Frankly, there are people out there that would spoil it just for kicks. Aholes.. the lot of them.

Go for it!
Obviously, if someone submits something, it came from somewhere, which means the file on the DIY server is a copy, no?
Just call me Warner Von Braun for short, will ya?

Hey, have you seen these backup sticks everyone is carrying nowdays? It's about the size of a digital thermometer and plugs into your USB port, flash memory, holds a gig or so. Pretty slick.

Good Idea!!! :razz:

About the hijacking I think a solution would be having 2 gmail accounts, one of them public and the other keeped by a member (roddy?)
When we upload (email) something we also send a copy (cc) to the private account so in the worst case we keep all the info safe...

Nice :twisted:

Synthi

Ok guys,

It seems that nobody so far is completely against the idea, so I will give you the login and password details.

I have written a welcome email, in case you have not used gmail before.

If anybody decides that they are strongly against having a shared email account, let me know.

Login name: groupdiy

Password: thelab

Login here: http://www.gmail.com

[quote author="rodabod"]Ok guys,

It seems that nobody so far is completely against the idea, so I will give you the login and password details.

I have written a welcome email, in case you have not used gmail before.

If anybody decides that they are strongly against having a shared email account, let me know.

Login name: groupdiy

Password: thelab

Login here: http://www.gmail.com[/quote]

Thank you!

FYI

Login name must be: [email protected]

I have at least 50 invites so anyone wanting one just email me (not pm!! my inbox is full!)
Max. email atachment is 10Mb.

Best Regards,

Synthi

[quote author="CJ"]Hey Rod, just curious, don't you have to be selected for this trial gmail thing, and if so, how the heck?
[/quote]

As the other guys say, you require an "invite" in order to get an account.

I found a website (of dubious origin) which did some jiggery-pokery and sent me an invite. Once you have an account, you yourself have 20 invites.

If anyone wants their own one, just let us know.

PS, the backup email address is: [email protected]

whattheheck.... right after the announcement mail we got our first anonymous(!) threat...
:shock:
???
some people are crazy. Hey people, you are working for M$, aren't you??? Show yourself, chicken. :razz:

[quote author="smallbutfine"]Show yourself, chicken. :razz:[/quote]

That would be me. :razz: :razz: :razz:

"You're stealing our intellectual property!"

..I just couldn't resist!

Latest posts

Back