New toys: thanks to NYDave and Bo Hansen

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jensenmann

Today I finished two new toys, the NYDave reampbox and a stereo DI using Bo Hansens circuit. Sorry for my lousy pictures, but I´m definitely not into photobusiness.

normal_000_0092.JPG

The controls on the reampbox:

normal_000_0085.JPG

The rear with connectors:

normal_000_0086.JPG

And inside is a huge, massive but cheap (evilbay :twisted: ) slab of iron which is labeled BC-624A output. It comes with an additional built-in 6H choke which I didn´t use, of corse.

normal_000_0087.JPG

Here we go with the perfboard for the DIs without trannies

normal_000_0089.JPG

testing with added Haufe T5223 transformers

normal_000_0091.JPG

Trannies fixed with hi-tech fittings

normal_000_0090.JPG

A big :guinness: to Dave and Bo for sharing their knowledge with us.
cheers

Thanks for the kind words!
The DI is far better sounding than the one I used upto now. I guess it has to do with the iron, but I have no other 5:1 tranny to compare with, so it´s only a guess.
I used them also in a line input for step down and was verrrrry pleased. IMO it´s a fantastic trx. Next thing where I´m going to use them will be the Hemptonepre. Maybe I´ll get a LL1538 for comparisons then.
:guinness:

Jens,

Great to hear that you like my old DI-box.

I have never change this old design (to FET input or CCS output) because it is nice to have a "vintage" solid state DI-circuit that have fellowship with the 1970`s gear design as Neve and similar.

--Bo

Very nice Jens! Glad to hear you're pleased with the sound of those 5223's.
I still have to find a project for them to be used in, and this looks like a very nice project.

:thumb:

Latest posts

Back