Connecting a meter to Telefunken U373a compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echorec

Hi,

I am thinking of getting one of these small NTP or Neumann meters that I see on German ebay all the time and connect it to my pair of U373a. The NTPs and Neumann runs on 24V and so do the 373s so I thought that would be convenient. Can I just connect the meter outputs (+ and -) on the compressors to the inputs of the meter or do I need additional circuits? I would like the meters to show gain reduction obviously. The compressors have a trim potentiometer on the front that says "Instr eichen", is that meter calibration?

Many thanks,

Gunnar

This is the kind of meter I am considering. Is this only a gain/PPM meter or could it be used as a GR meter for the 373?

57_1_b.JPG

I bought two very nice meters from Peter Purpose here on the forum. I had a couple of Telefunken blank plates laying around so I made holes in those and mounted the meters there. They work great, thanks Peter!

Today I finished a little 373 rack:

373rack.jpg

[quote author="Rob Flinn"]Oh yes, & they both fit very nicely into a 3U vero rack !! :wink:[/quote]

I have a 3U rack for euro cards but I can?t put a V72 module inside because of the parts in the red areas:

Your rack is different?
Have you a reference number?

[quote author="Rob Flinn"]I only have V676a, V672, & U373 modiules in my vero rack.[/quote]

Have you a reference number for your vero rack?

Have you a reference number for your vero rack?

Not that I know of. I picked 2 of them up from a surplus shop for £5 each and was going to use them to buuld som valve gear into, but they happened to fit my Telefunken gear. I used one for myself & a firend had the other one for his U373.

Hi,

I'm although going to a rack a V373a.
Well, a meter I guess would look great (and would fill some space on the front panel :) )
Could anybody give me some hints how to connect one? Any experience?
100mA is the one going for, isn't it?
Any hints for wiring a 1mA one (e.g. http://hairballaudio.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=25&products_id=64)

ROCK-ON!

you need a 100uA meter for a U373a (compressor). I assume you meant U373a & not V373a.  The U373a doesn't have the drive on its own for a 1mA meter & needs something abit more sensitive.

Something like this is a cheap solution, but you would have to make your own scale

http://cpc.farnell.com/multicomp/sd-38-0-100ua/meter-moving-coil-100ua/dp/PM11423?Ntt=100uA+panel

Hi Rob,

thanks a lot for the hint!
A new scale would be a bit of work but I guess no big deal...
And the meter is just connected parallel to the output (+/-) ??

ROCK-ON!

Dr_J said:
Hi Rob,

thanks a lot for the hint!
A new scale would be a bit of work but I guess no big deal...
And the meter is just connected parallel to the output (+/-) ??

ROCK-ON!

there are connections for a GR meter & that is what the 100uA meter is for.  Pin 27 meter + , pin 28 meter -

Latest posts

Back