Re: SSL 9K Mic Pre
« Reply #720 on: November 17, 2020, 09:36:35 AM »
Hi Whoops

I'm Ipin, I just finished installing 2 channels of the 9k, except the gain switch.
Do "stepped gain" that you posted work?
And is it going to work with 2 separate rotary switches? I can't find the double deck one here.
And also is the closer value of the resistors also working? again, I can't find the exact value. Do they really effect the Pre?

Thank you very much

Ipin

someone asked me this file

Stepped Gain Switching for the SSL 9K

Whoops

« Reply #721 on: November 17, 2020, 08:35:26 PM »
Do "stepped gain" that you posted work?

Why do ask that? would I or anyone have any interest in posting info that doesn't work?

If you are doing this project you need to read this thread first a lot of helpful info

« Reply #722 on: November 18, 2020, 08:50:55 PM »
Oh Sorry for newbie questions, Thank you for replying.
I'm not realy found the info about the separate switch one.

Thank You

Why do ask that? would I or anyone have any interest in posting info that doesn't work?

If you are doing this project you need to read this thread first a lot of helpful info

Harpo

« Reply #723 on: November 19, 2020, 05:31:45 AM »
Oh Sorry for newbie questions, Thank you for replying.
I'm not realy found the info about the separate switch one.

Thank You
this excel sheet ?
A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.  -Douglas Adams

« Reply #724 on: November 19, 2020, 07:31:38 AM »

Whoops

« Reply #725 on: November 19, 2020, 01:08:27 PM »
And is it going to work with 2 separate rotary switches? I can't find the double deck one here.

Hi,
I really don't know what you mean by "2 separate rotary switches", can you explain better?

You need one switch that has dual gangs/decks as far as I remember, if you don't find it we can help you sourcing that out.
If you use a POT it's also a dual gang pot

Just post the original specs for the switch that are somewhere in this thread, as I dont have that info present at the moment

« Reply #726 on: November 21, 2020, 04:10:13 AM »
Hi Whoops
Yer, instead of 1 dual decks switch can I use 2 single deck rotary switches? So it will be like turning them together (complicated isn't it haha)

Thank you

Ipin

Hi,
I really don't know what you mean by "2 separate rotary switches", can you explain better?

You need one switch that has dual gangs/decks as far as I remember, if you don't find it we can help you sourcing that out.
If you use a POT it's also a dual gang pot

Just post the original specs for the switch that are somewhere in this thread, as I dont have that info present at the moment

Whoops

« Reply #727 on: November 21, 2020, 05:44:23 AM »
Yer, instead of 1 dual decks switch can I use 2 single deck rotary switches? So it will be like turning them together (complicated isn't it haha)

That seems a bit absurd so I can't reply to that.

If you post the original specs for the switch I can help you sourcing that out.