SSL 9K Mic Pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Rob Flinn"]If you like I can make some enquiries with OMEG. Their factory is about 9 miles from where I live.[/quote]

Oh man... you have a chance to save us from the 2.5k Rlog nightmare !
It's about 2 moths that i try to find this pots... but no way...

Let me know.... i will buy 10 of them !

Thanks a lot....

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeno

I would make it a dual switch with maybe 12 connections. Calculate the resistor values or find one of the audio web sites that has the math or a program to build hi end switched vol controls maybe you can make aprogram for the reverse resistors need for a stepped gain control.

If I understand the gain setting min gain is 2.5K max is 0 ohm

Most log pots I have played with are only two section linears at 1/2 you get 10% and 90% of the value.

For fun take a few pots apart and look at how they are made.

I asked omeg some months ago about 2k5 and they told me they make 2k2 only. However this was some months ago.
Frank

I've got the same reply... 2k2 rlogs...
They say me to contact the swiss distributor, but they say me there is non stock for dual gang pots... and they ignored my following emails...

jrmintz... help us please !!!!!

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeno

What is the equation for the gain of the 9k? If we know that we can come up with resistor values for the gain steps.

For example looking at the older Green schematic the gain should be (R6 + R7/the total resistance of the sw1 in a position) +1

Find a good 2 wafer switch for the 9k and make a stepped gain control. To start it could be a DPDT for two preselected gains that will work most of the time. Or lets have more fun it could be setup with relays to be controlled via a PC or remote interface so the pre can be close to microphones.

I just got this from the US representative of Omeg:
"I believe that we would have to provide 2.2K ohms, NOT 2.5K ohms.
In that case:
50 pieces USD 7.88 each
100 pieces USD 7.09 each
lead time 6 weeks ARO+T/T"

Anyone interested?

[quote author="Rob Flinn"]I`ve had a positive response from OMEG already. They are saying to me that 2K2 is the standard value, but I have written back to ask whether a custom job is feasible.

I`ll keep you posted.

Rob[/quote]

Great work man... keep us updated please !!!

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeno

[quote author="tk@halmi"]I just got this from the US representative of Omeg:
"I believe that we would have to provide 2.2K ohms, NOT 2.5K ohms.
In that case:
50 pieces USD 7.88 each
100 pieces USD 7.09 each
lead time 6 weeks ARO+T/T"

Anyone interested?[/quote]

They are a little exphensive... if i can't find something else cheap i will be in for 8...

Thanks a lot man !

Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeno

[quote author="Neeno"]They are a little exphensive... [/quote]

You think so? LOL. Try calling around. Alpha can make them for $1.75 if you order 1000 pieces.

From what I understand the PCB's from Gustav for this project are only the 1 channel. Is this correct?

Thanks.

Back