SSL 9K Mic Pre

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would depend on the depth of the case front to back.

I have 2 in a 1U case that is around 180mm front to back. With the 2 PSU boards & a transformer I`m starting to run out of space especially if I`m putting any real distance between the PSU & the mic pre boards.

The ssl 9k schematic shows the 5534's running at 18v and the TLO51 running at 15v.Why not run all the i.c.'s at +/-15vdc?Is anyone running these at two different rails and if so how much advantage is gained?I have +/-15vdc supply but not +/-18vdc. :guinness:

I'm running them at the same voltage... 15V...I don't tink that you can take any advandage running them on different voltages...

Right I have some more info on the Rev Log pots. The price as always depends on the quantity ordered. The lead time is 4 to 6 weeks.

The lady at OMEG says that the guy who makes the traces can hand check them to get values closer to 2K5 but that this will cost extra. Bearing in mind what Keith sais if this cost is significant then I may be temted just to go with the 2K2

I think the type I would be after would be the OW2G20BU. I would like them to have the bush type CBSL. with the W measurement 8mm.

I just emailed them back to make sure that the price was for REV log, because it is so cheap. I will let you know more when the price is confirmed.

I would not get too worried about having 2.2K instead of 2.5k pots.
The difference is that your minimum gain is going to be a tiny bit higher. The substitution does NOT effect your maximum gain.

For the first stage the gain equation is:
G=(2000/Rg)+1

When you use a 2.5k rlog pot the mimimum gain of the first stage is 1.8 or about 5.1dB.

When you use a 2.2k rlog pot the mimimum gain of the first stage is 1.9 or about 5.6dB.

Similar figures go for the second amplifier stage.

There seems to be little point of paying extra money for that 1dB difference indeed.

Cheers,
Tamas

Right folks

I finally have some idea of the prices, but am checking because they haven`t said whether the quote includes VAT @ 17.7%.

I`m assuming VAT isn`t included. If I just order 10 they will come in at around £3.30, & the price plummets to around £2.00 for 100.

To do this I will need to know how many are needed to work a final price.

Anyone who wants these will have to pay me UP FRONT because I`m not wildly flush at the moment. The payment will have to include postage & any fees involved with payment (if paypal is used for example).

Obviously it will be difficult to work the postage cost in advance & I`m not sure what the best way round this will be.

Maybe there is someone in the US who can cordinate here.

I want to order these soon like early next week & don`t want to keep this open for months like with some of the transformer orders. This is simply because I want to use my preamps ASAP.

If you want some mail me with a quantity at this address.

flinnrob (at) aol (dot) com

Opps!!

There is an error on the schematics for the 9K-pre.

C47-C74 should only be connected between pin 5 and 8 on IC23-IC30.
R115/C86 to pin 2 and 6 on IC30.
R88/C61 to pin 2 and 6 on IC23.

The PCB layout it is ok!

/Lovis

Hi Guys, On the scheme for this project (Keith Andrews) there is a TL051 op amp (IC31a) and on the parts list there is a TL052 designated for this position. Is this correct?

Thanks,

Steve.

If i remeber this is a little error... there is only 1 dip8 socket with a tl opamp (all other were used for 5534)... so considering that you need 2 op-amps as you can see in the schematics.... it is a TL052.

Latest posts

Back