Tommytones 1081 PCBs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owel

I'd like to thank Tom for the PCBs, I just got them! They're very nice, high quality boards. Plus the red color makes them look exotic. Really great.

Question:

Where can I find information about this project? Schematics, parts list, that stuff...

Is there a META for the 1081 project?

Thanks,
Owel

When I'm walking down the sidewalk, I usually see people get out of my way or avoid me.... I don't know why.

Owel: Really? I didn't notice that.

Owel: Because you're busy talking to me dummy!

:grin:

First sign of insanity: Talking to one's self.
I know. I do it all the time.
Keeps the riff raff away.
:shock: :? :wink: :? :shock:

Except if your on a solo mission to Mars, then it can help your sanity.
:guinness:

Got my 1081 PCB's today!

They look really good!

Now I just need some money to stuff the damn things. :sad:

Thanks TOM!!! :guinness: :green: :sam:

Hey Mik, I don't know if it went surface post to you or not, but I've had enormous problems shipping to Italy (I'm assuming that's where Milano is?) via ground surface post. It took six months to deliver a mic preamp via surface mail to a major Italian city. I also had another situation that took four months to deliver a surface mail package. So, I'd hang in there. Customs seems to be hard core, or slow or something... Who knows. I'd give it some more time before I get worried... Good luck!

[quote author="owel"]I'd like to thank Tom for the PCBs, I just got them! They're very nice, high quality boards. Plus the red color makes them look exotic. Really great.
[/quote]

can someone scan theirs? I'd love to see this exotic PCB!

Mark

[quote author="verbos"]can someone scan theirs? I'd love to see this exotic PCB![/quote] :?
but we already have pictures posted here at the Lab.
Neve_1081.JPG

sorry about the size guys,
This picture is just as Tom delivered it to me so when I get home tonight I'll make a resisized version, post and adjust the link.

... and then there is Tom's old DIY81 page at the old place
and Tom's NEW DIY81 page at ... you guessed it ... the new place.

Actually, the new boards you guys are getting are somewhat different. Same layout and all but plated through and cut out for the output transformer. I'd scan a pic but it really doesn't do it justice. You get the idea though.

I like what someone wrote about them..."I'm gonna call these my EVIL Neves!"

:green:

Oh yes definitely Neve-il! Out of curiosity, how well do the NTE transistor subs work with the circuit. I've got the iron already for this project (thanks Jonathan), and am about to order the other bits and start stuffing the PCB. I've got some BC184C's left over from my 1272's, but for the other transistors I'll need to sub...hopefully it'll work. Anyone tried them.

Cheers,

Kris

Latest posts

Back