Tommytones 1081 PCBs

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just downloaded the new files for this project (as suggested by Tom) and there is something that's bothering me a bit. I know the new versions are the correct one but i just compared them to the printed layout on top of the pcbs. While it seems that some resistor placements changed on the B338, the B340 is still the same. The only thing that changed is the polarity of both tantal caps. Now i am just wondering if this is ok. Yes i know that the new files are corrected i just wanted to confirm that the polarity on those caps now is reversed to the description printed on the pcbs' themself.

Flo

I'll check that out. I think I updated the screen file for the pc boards but it may have slipped through. I'll let you know.

yes please do double check all paper work

when this is all finished it will be an excelent resource for both making and perhaps trouble shooting Neve channel strips of this vintage.

I suggest anyone doing or looking to do this project ... download all the PDFs and print them. Write on the print, the file name and version number and try to keep an up to date print of all material.

Get a plastic sleeved folder or book and keep it all in a safe place.
Perhaps when it is all done amnd dusted we might be able to condense it down to a single download-eble file.

:shock:
I should put this on the web site ...

thanks to Tom and his other helpers ... All hail ToM .. :thumb:

Just wanted to give this a bump.

And i have a question. What's the reason all those 1/2 watt resistors are 6M8 on the layout when they are 4M7 resistors in the schematic ?

Flo

That seems to be the only schem thing that doesn't correspond. We've been over this before and I think the parts list (original) says 6m8 and not 4m7. Anyhow, the resistors in the module are definitely 6m8.

Still need to get back about the silk screen thing (sorry, very busy :oops: )

Tom, no problem, take your time.

Seems like i have missed this issue with the 6m8 resistors :oops: It just surprised me to find those values different from the one schematic i have.

Flo

Back