pucho saves a compressor from the dumpster

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pucho812

So a friend of mine has an A*R*T* pro VLA which I dunno how but managed to blow a cap in the power section of the unit. He said the fuse was in good shape which had me wondering cause I figured the fuse would have goine first. I offered to help him out as to where to get replacement caps and such. He replaced the the cap and the unit still didn't work. he wanted to toss it in the dumpster but I am like check the fuse with my multimeter. using continuity we tested the fuse and no workie. :cool: saved a unit from the dumpster sorry kira can't grab this one. :green:

So a friend of mine has an A*R*T* pro VLA which I dunno how but managed to blow a cap in the power section of the unit
It's a common failure for those units, or so my experiences would suggest. I've got one that came to me a few days ago with the same problem. I immediately knew it was bad filter caps--there were two culprits staring back at me from the PS with domed tops.

[quote author="featherpillow"]
So a friend of mine has an A*R*T* pro VLA which I dunno how but managed to blow a cap in the power section of the unit
It's a common failure for those units, or so my experiences would suggest. I've got one that came to me a few days ago with the same problem. I immediately knew it was bad filter caps--there were two culprits staring back at me from the PS with domed tops.[/quote]
yup :thumb:
cheap parts?

Back