1081 Parts Info

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kid Squid

Hello all,

Just wondering, what is the state of the 1081 parts buy + P.C.B.'s

Sorry if it sounds a little ignorant, but only last week i caught up with Tech Talk,
I've got myself married, went on honeymoon - met a fellow group DIY'er, came home - computer went tits up !!, and started back to work. So I missed about three and a half weeks of tech talk.
In the meantime - i received my parcel off that nice chap, Mr. Hayward ( 2 sets of 1081 transformers and inductors).
then when i caught up with Tech Talk, it seems that orders were being placed for the switches, knobs, p.c.b.'s etc.
so really , what i'd like to know is what is the current state of the orders, for the 1081 DIY.

Once again, any help would be a great help,
Best Regards , and thanks for keeping me informed of the forum change.

Steve Cole :guinness: :grin: :guinness:

I've been trying to keep up with this too. As far as I know, nothing has been ordered yet. I'd contact tommytones about the PCBs, I'm pretty sure they haven't been ordered yet.

Did anyone happen to have a record of the 1081 inductor/switch/knob threads, so we can figure out who was involved??

I'm still waiting for confirmation from a couple of folks so you can hop onboard the pcb order if you like. You'll have to be quick about it though as I'd like to get this oder into fabrication very very soon.

Drop me an e-mail...

tommytones @ sympatico.ca

Wotcha.

The knob parts are still being quoted for.

We're basically hoping to get the knobs manufactured which - given the number of parts - is a major headache, but it's for people who want Neve-spec bits, it's all still underway, beleive me. But as you know from the Carnhill order, these things take a bloody age, even if I act like lightening.

At last count, we'd crossed the 50 threchold on the switches which meant they had gone down to fairly ordinary levels for a set (like about 80 GBP), everyone on the list is here now too.

I've just been having words with the Neve-man. Real, but slow developments are happening re injection moulds etc. There is another quote in the oven.

What do we all think about getting the Schadow switch assemblies and switch caps made with everything else?
It shouldn't add much to the whole cost, I've just realised that getting a few of them for myself is gonna be no easier than buying them for everyone and putting them in the box with the switches. Maybe folks can say whether they wouldn't like them.

And finally, frontpanels. I've come round to the idea that I should get copies made of the original so that I could swap my modules (If I wanted to) into a neve frame (though without the logo). Has anyone looked into this? any thoughts on copyright etc? I will get a quote for 50, anyway.

And Peter, if you show that picture of yours again, I'm going to come round and beat you in the kidneys with them.......understood?

switches and caps sound cool as we all need em anyhow...

as for me personally im probably going to do my own panel (just our of necesity for consistancy with the other stuff)

Come an ave a go, if ya fink yer ard enough..!!

kiss.jpg

Peter, I was going to say "you need help" but then I realized right after I feel the same way! :green: :sam: :thumb:

Anyway, I am here to support group buys of anything related to the 1081 project. Time is cramped for me so these group buys are powerful.

Rock On!

I'm in for switches and caps and whatever else is a part of this order. I need all of it...

Thanks!

:guinness:

Ladies and gentlemen....I give you 'Hanibal Hayward' trying to frighten me with his Shaolin tongue technique..!!

That all you got then?

tongue.JPG

I've only got the one, and I need two.
That is actually a 1091 panel donated by the extremely helpful Mark Thompson at FJ. Blake the Neve-man tells me it's unusual in that it has the red dots for line sensitivity, and is therefore identical to a 1081 panel - pity you can't just photocopy the buggers eh.

I have two boards for 31105's [same as a 1081 with logic switching for 8078 desks] I'd part with for the right price... I also have some 1081 frames kicking around as well as face plates.

Email me at [email protected] if you want me to go looking for them [the amount of time it takes to find them will be the most direct influence on the price].

Peace.

Emailed ya, Fletcher...

Can anyone tell me why -just to the right on the shelf behind Mr. Hayward's left ear- there appears to be a box with something resembling my new avatar on it, and what looks suspiciously like the word "knickers" on it.... ('panties' to the Americans amongst us...)
tongue.JPG

:shock:

Keef

Wow...now that's kinky! You folks sure know how to operate over there! Must be the rain?? :razz:

The knickers...coupled with what's going on in the picture....hmmm....

Hi guys!

I don't want to see what happens when there are knobs in the picture as well!!!!!???? :shock: :grin:

I went to Funky Junk on a recent visit to the big city (had a bitch of a time finding the shop!), had a look around and came across what looked like 1081 faceplates in a drawer up in the boffin island bit......must have been 5-10 plates or so.

Looked nice and new all wrapped up in paper - are these what you have?
Maybe they have some more - I was there a little over a month ago.

Tom

Hi. Iam new in this forum and this is my first posting.
I want to DIY 24 of these 1081s for my behringer MX8000.
I have only one question... what means "resistor" ? :roll:

Regards,
newbie Frank.

by the way:
Could anyone scan the panel (without any tongues and hickey) :wink: and send the file to me Frank (at) nrgrecording (dot) de. Peter?
My frontpanelexpress needs some food.

Hahaha :green:
Good to see you Frank.
I'm away at the moment, but there is a scan floating around. If not, I'll sort you out when I get home.

peter

Latest posts

Back