The B3hr!ng3r C -2 Matched Pair of SDC Mics for $50 - MODS?

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like a typo... Order a pair quick before they find out, lol!

But wait... it's phoolery! They are sold in pairs - at $49 each! Click on "Checkout" and the total is $99.

As for mods, seems someone (Gus? Marik?) looked at one of these and wasn't impressed. Also IIRC, they were a pain to take apart

My checkout came to @ $54.00 for "Matched Pair - Quantity (1)" so I'm assuming I get both. If not, I return 'em, eh.

I fully plan on getting them apart... As long as I can get that capsule I'm happy.

Hope to keep y'all posted by next week.

That isn't a typo. Check out the behringer site.

http://www.behringer.com/C-2/index.cfm?lang=ENG

Then select the price for your country. They are super cheap. I hope a killer mod becomes available. Or maybe one of our resident genius' can come up with a new circuit that can utilize the case and capsule.

Matt

Anyone have circuit ideas for taming that harshness?

Cathode follower?

Nuvistor and a nice Xformer?

Or perhaps a very simple FET/Xformer would warm it up.

[quote author="fucanay"]That isn't a typo. Check out the behringer site...[/quote]Oops, my bad - I must have clicked ?Add To Cart? twice or something. I was wrong about the mods, too. It was the B5 not the C2. Some days I should just be quiet! :roll:

[quote author="Flatpicker"] Some days I should just be quiet! :roll:[/quote]

Nah Tim, go ahead, tell us what's on your mind :guinness:

Anyone have circuit ideas for taming that harshness?

Have you heard it yet?

[quote author="mnats"]
Hilarious! They cost more in China than the US! Sort of like R*de mics here :roll:[/quote]
yeah same with cars. it's nice to know my inexpensive toyota costs close to 4x as much in brazil.

[quote author="ohhey"]Crap.. they are sold out now..[/quote]AMS is out too:
http://www.americanmusical.com/item--i-BEH-C2--brand-29.html

Hang tight - they are all probably waiting on the big shipment.

bump

zZounds is now showing 30 Nov.

Has anybody seen these yet? I have a pal in Germany, his daughter's flute recital is coming, and he will rent a pair of SM58 if I can't find something better. At $49/pair, this beats renting, but only if they don't suuck and IF the boat ever comes in.

I ordered @10 days ago now - - They sent me a customer survey but no mics yet :cry:

Hopefully I'll be able to post a Oktava MK012 vs Behringer C2 vs MXL603s clip soon

> Hopefully I'll be able to post a Oktava MK012 vs Behringer C2 vs MXL603s clip soon

Cool, though my ears can't be trusted to hear much difference.

Anyway, for $25/mike, I'm not so interested in comparisons.

Do they feel like they will survive more than one gig? A dozen?

Do they hiss, sizzle, rattle, clank?

Do they do anything awful to the sound? Is that ~9KHz ring really a few dB or is the published curve "smoothed"? I don't consider the far-field bass slope, -10dB at 50Hz, a fault in a low-price mike that may be used close; is the published curve roughly right and can it be semi-corrected with mild EQ?

Is the self-hiss level low in a quiet room?

Is the buzz level low when you drape the cable over a Fender amp? (I doubt the mikes are really balanced output, but if not too unbalanced and fairly low-Z, then buzz may be manageable.)

If you put the two mikes close together and plug one to each ear, does the image sit near the center or are they poorly matched? If the match can be fixed with a few dB of gain or balance control, that's fine; if you can't get a narrow mono image with just gain adjustment then some types of stereo recording get goofy.

> zZounds is now showing 30 Nov.

zZounds' "Expected by" date slipped another week....

http://www.zzounds.com/item--BEHC2

ho hum. I was excited and bought a pair the day someone posted this thread... too good to be true :roll:

I doubt there will be any comparison between the Oktava and the Behring*r.

My money says: Oktava, dark and smooth with a low mid boost.. Behring*r with Hi mid to high boost, semi-harsh and lacking low end.

Back