JB Weld For Mounting Brackets

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToroRojo

I've been trying to figure out a way to mount the uberjam 1176 switch banks as well as the 1176 pcb to the par-metal chassis without having an ugly bolt head/nut sticking up on the outside of the chassis.

My tentative solution is to use some JB Weld and some U-Brackets. Any thought for or against? It seems like it would be sound (rofl).

JB may work; if the metal is really clean, if it does not go on tour with the HedBangers.

Do the switches have mounting bushings? That would be the simple solution.

Weird. I tried to post this a couple of days ago, but it gave me a database error, so I gave up and it magically appeared today.

I went ahead and used the jb weld. It should be dry by tonight. I'll mount the switch banks and report back.

The switch banks do not have mounting bushings. I want to try and mount these guys without drilling holes in the front panel. It looks cooler that way. :thumb:

I finished my G1176 today. Here's a (sucky)picture of the JB Weld mount. Basically, I cleaned the metal, JB Welded a nut to the front panel and used bolts and spacers to mount the switch bank. It seems sturdy and is working great! I guess only time will tell...

1176_switches.jpg

Nice One! JB weld is great. I made a valve spring compressor to remove the valves from my KZ550. Oops wrong forum....

Back