PRR vari-mu compressor

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mshilarious

Greetings all from a rank newbie.

I've been looking with interest at the PRR compressor. It's quite a bit harder than stuff I've done before and thus I'm looking for some more info.

Is there a thread here decided to that project? I couldn't find much by searching.

Thanks

Jon

Have u peeped Kents' page about it:

http://www.conditionedresponse.com/DIY/C5/index.html

pcb layouts, pics, infos... :thumb:

Yes I have, that was very well done and helpful.

Oddly I can only see that site at work; at home it doesn't come up in IE or Mozilla, even after I turned off my firewall. Anybody else have that problem?

> My IE cannot save it to hard drive....

Kent, check your code. You have style-sheets with local URLs on your machine, none of us can get them.

link href="file:///Ron%20Jeremy/Pedals%20in%20progress/LA2A%20stuff/LA2style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"
link href="file:///untitled/LA2A%20stuff/LA2style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"

FWIW: I do get the page open in IE or FF, but IE does start saving the page and then throw a fit and fail. It may be dumb enough to think the stylesheets are important.

I canned the style sheet code. (thanks for that PRR, a webmaster I ain't)

The page opens fine in my old browser. Can everybody save the page now?

FWIW there were a bunch of 1k files with duplicate names but an added .LCK extension that I did not put in there. Does anyone know what those were - I deleted them.

kent

[quote author="kent"]
FWIW there were a bunch of 1k files with duplicate names but an added .LCK extension that I did not put in there. Does anyone know what those were - I deleted them.

kent[/quote]
it's a database lock file
were you using mysql or anyother database for lookups?
if so during testing you may have bombed out and left a couple of read locks in place
if so - that's what's in the files...

ok I look at the vari-mu schematics and understand how it works, but how does it sound? i read that it has interesting qualities, but what are they? how much does one cost to make and does anyone make PCBs for it around the forum?

:green: that'll be all, now returning to our regularly scheduled workday.

what are the qualities...

Now that's a loaded question! As one who loves the many forms of vari-mu let me put it this way:

I love it on a 2 bus or especialy a mix bus - like drums. Things "come together" and sit in a mix nicely not quite like other comps.

my $.02

cheers,
kent

Back