PM1000 module

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a PM1000 console, and I love it! The mic preamps are excellent sounding discrete modules. The EQ's are ok, but they're fairly easy to modify the eq points. I haven't done it myself, but will soon and will post the results here. They use nice inductors in the EQ's, the unit is transformer balanced in and although there are no direct outs, the buss outs are transformer balanced as well.

Again, the mic preamps sound wonderful, especially for the price. I compared them to some Dan Alexander 1272 Neve's, and they really held up quite well. The DA Neve's had a more present upper mid that was cool on acoustic guitar, and certain drums while the PM1000 strips sounded better to my ear on vocals, electric guitar, kick drum etc... I guess what I'm saying is that the sounded great up against Neve's in several situations. The Neve sounded better in other situations. They definitely don't sound alike, but they both sound hi-fi to me. If I compare them to my Tac Scorpion mic preamps (which pretty much suck pretty hard) they always kick the crap out of them.

They're cheap, I think you can a pair of strips for like $100 on eBay. For that price, you can't go wrong with a discrete module like the PM1000 modules.

Thanks for the info tubejay!

Do you have any schematic, pin out diagrams, wiring diagrams or anything of that sort?

Sure, you can download it here:

http://home.new.rr.com/lordjimbo/PM1000E_2.pdf

Careful, it's a big file. If you go to page 7 or something (can't remember) that's where the schematics start.

Thanks again. I found the LAB thread about this too and got some good material. Also found Krashjones website detailing his work. Great stuff.

Latest posts

Back