Harrison Console Schematics

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bruce swedien worked on thriller the number 1 selling album of all time or so have always been told it was #1 selling ever. That album was tracked and mixed on a harrison MR-2 where I used to work at westlake audio. That harrison is long gone but that album sounds amazing and mr-2's are pretty inexpensive these days if you can find them. Only problem I see with them is the semi parametric Eq which reallly is not a problem.

well, coming from a project studio background and no experience with high end consoles, it feels good to hear that my Harrison compares favorably with a SSL. :cool:

the Raven, from what i heard though, is actually a MR-4 with lower grade pots and switches.

i'll scan and email you some schematics later tonight, as well as post them here for those who might be interested.

j.

PS: ...btw, someone is currently selling a MR-4 over at gearslutz for something like $4k...

[quote author="buttachunk"]What the dif between MR3 and MR4 ?[/quote]

i have no idea and would also like to know.

outside of this forum though, one person who will probably know is Allan Waugh at Innovative Precision Technologies (http://www.ipt.name/), he used to work at Harrison and now services these boards. I spoke with him a while ago about pots/recapping and he was really helpful.

another one would be john klett over at Prosound web, from what i heard there was lots of useful Harrison info in the Recpit forum (which now is unfortunately unavailable.)

...and there is always www.recordingconsoles.net :wink:

j.

PS: i didn't mention GLW/Harrison, 'cause when i called them.... they seemed kinda lost and i couldn't really get any useful info out of them. (maybe all the old techs left the company...?)

[quote author="buttachunk"]
I know a guy who took his master module in to have a (Warner Bros.) mod undone (a few solders) and they charged him $5k :shock:
They said it was for 'gold-plated contacts'... ![/quote]

holy sh*t....... they must've dipped the entire module in C37 lacquer! :grin:

here are the schems for anyone interested, the legibility is kinda poor but passable (it was scanned from a bad photo copy):

input module 1
input module 2
comm module
mix module 1
mix module 2
monitor module 1
monitor module 2

jack.

Hallo hallo! i search for schematics to rack some TV950 Harrison mono Mic Cannel Strips
Specially what is the voltage required for psu and where does Harrison typically put the psu, in out and aux
on the pin connectors ...
Any information or graphic highly appreciated !!
The links in the upper thread not working ... can you give working ones..? Thanks

Latest posts

Back