G7 Styroflex Caps

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeroddumas

Where are you guys sourcing the G7 styroflex caps 10nf and 1nf 160V? Also the 7pin XLR cable and connectors? I have everything else i need for this mic. I want to get it completed.

Hi
You can find them here (it's a french shop, but they have both of them)
styroflex caps

or here (UK shop):
1000pF and 10000pF polystyrene caps
You can find 7pinXLR connectors in this shop too.

The cable is at canford audio (mogami) check G7 meta for the ref, i don't remember.
Hope it helps

PS: could you take a look at the message you created for the SSL 9K, I posted 2 (newbie i think) questions that need answers :oops:
Thanks and happy mic building (i'm trying to make one too, Bom's almost complete)

Gilles

Got ours (polystyrene that is) at surplus sales of Nebraska.

The 7 pin xlr's I got from full compass. However, the 7 pin Neutrik xlr's we ordered are too small to fit into the standard connector socket in the B2 body we are using so we are trying to make a sleeve to get a snug fit. If you are making your own mic body I guess it won't matter.

Most importantly, the male 7 pin xlr's you want for the mic body are from xlr jacks for cords. The 7 pin part slides out of the casing.

The female Neutrik 7 pin xlr panel jacks we ordered do not come out of the panel mounts.

Latest posts

Back