99x Mic Pre Projects!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Unbound

So I was one of those lucky people that got to get in on the group buy for the Forssell 992 ops. I am currently working on a Seventh Circle J99 mic pre. I know there must be a few different projects floating around diy currently with these. What is everyone's plan with these little babies?

Aaron

I got 3. Not here yet but I plan to make 2 micpres with JT-16-B with servo, and the 3rd one... dunno. So many things, not so much opamps... :0

Jaakko have better plans I guess :green:

cheers!
Fabio

Hmmmm, lessee I ordered 8, and already had 2 so with my 10 I plan on:
- 2 SSL variants with servos (yup I'm still working on this)
- Sontec clone with 992 output amp (and DLR-1 buffer)
- Monitor controller (select monitors, accurate gain control, summing, phase rev all those bells and whistles)
- Maybe a forssel opto comp or two!

I'd make a pre, but I don't need anymore!

Cheers,

Kris

[quote author="Unbound"]So I was one of those lucky people that got to get in on the group buy for the Forssell 992 ops. [/quote]
:sad:
I never got mine

I think a lot of international orders haven't arrived yet, I was too late on payment and just got mine through Fred, who is a pretty fast shipper!

I'd like to know what everyone else is building, I purchased a good bunch of these, and it would be pretty boring to build all mic pres, escpecially if they were all the same... :?

Aaron

Damn, Kev, I think the mailman has racked up your 992's and my first bunch of 2503's. Surely he must be lurking here if he wants these parts. We will hunt him down and beat him to a bloody pulp if he does not forward on what is ours. :evil:

Bear

Latest posts

Back