My Api and Neve dont play nice together

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes the first questions here if star earthing has been done correctly is what power transformer AC volts and VA have you got running this? And also what power supply design are you using so we can work out the maths to see if it all adds up to enough :)

As it sounds like the unregulated volts feeding the regulator is dropping when both API & Neve are connected and the reg can then not regulate properly. If this happens the API with its diff power rails will still reject the hum to some extent but the Neve will not be able to and will hum.

Im thinking the easiest way to solve this would be to build a separate rail for the +24v.

That would take care of the problems im having right?

So, could anyone point me in the right direction for something thats easy to do on perfboard preferrably?

/Jonas

If R1 & R2 are zero and the regulators have good heatsinks on them there is no reason this supply shouldn't drive both the API & Neve easy.

Feel free to send some photo's to my normal email address if you want me to look over the wiring and see if I can spot anything.

Shure! At the moment everything isnt hooked up, so id have to do that first.
Since I wanted to try out the neve pre, i disconnected the api.

So, then i take it that it should be ok load the positive side of the psu more than the negative then?

Do u think it would work with 2ch of neve, and 2ch api, cause thats want i wanted to drive with the psu (im not shure i specified earlier that i wanted to run 4ch in total...). Will 50VA be enough for that?

Whats your normal email adress btw?

Thanks!
/jonas

Back