SSL Mix Compressor + Summing Amp idea

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[quote author="Svart"]I'll have my version of the buss schematics up soon too if you can wait a few more days. I'll have a layout for a channelstrip soon after.

It'll have the substitute parts I have chosen also and possibly a BOM.

Any chance you know where to get a 9k schemo?[/quote]

I can wait a bit, I'm not there yet.

Regarding 9k, did you try this? http://www.beatbazar.com/guests/ssltech/ I don't know of more. I haven't seem much of SSL schemo arround, thats why I'm really excited about Wayne's contribution.

Any guys clone the SSL Bus amp ?

I would like to replace my SC600 too noisy master channel by an other one, why not the SSL 82E26 one ...

But i do not understa,d why "MIX BUS" 0V have to be connected to pad 8. Does it work if i connect Pad 8 to my Summing ground ?

Thank you for your help

PS: PDF file of the 82E26

I wonder whether the SSL mix bus amp is basically a balanced mix bus which was used 'impedance-balanced' (mix resistors from the output amp going to the positive side, gnd via a mix resistor going to pin 8 / negative)? Could it also be fed with balanced signals?

Michael

the summing amp is unbalanced in and unbalanced out.
what's shown on the schematic is for one channel.
you need two for left and right.

it's complicated and costly if you're not summing more than 10 signals per channel.

a virtual earth summing using a low noise single op-amp (AD797 or NE5534A) does it very well with a minimal component count.
easy to troubleshoot and to repair when it goes wrong.

Latest posts

Back