once again: LA2A transformer...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chriss

Hello there,

I hope the subject's not yet annoying:

I wonder what Input-transformer I can chosse for a LA2A-style project.
The transformer-meta recommends some transformers with quite differernt data:

Original UTC A-10 has 1:10 ratio
Sowter 4383 has 1:4
Jensen JT-11-P1 has 1:1

So, does the ratio play no role??? What is the important data then and what effects do I have to expect with 'wrong' data-transformer?

I have a Pikatron RÜP 219/1M with 1 : 1,75 ratio; 1 Ohm source and 300 - 3900 Ohm Dest. Would that one do? Should I just try?

thanks

Chris

Thanks for that info Kubi.

Regarding the Pikatron: I took it out of an Lawo-Module indeed... But are you sure about those infos? Do I assume right, that the mentioned data are DC-resistances? So how can I find out the Impedance?

Hmm, what about a Haufe-transformer that I have (RK545-2)? It has 7kOhms Input-Impedance (DC-R = 2,9 Ohms) Ratio is 1 : 2. Would that one do for the LA2A input?

Chris

Hi Kubi,

a) yes I have these OP-Amps, are they good?

b) If you are interested, you can have a stereo-set of RÜP 219 and ÜP 540. But in return I want to be informed well aobut the resulting schematics :cool:
Send me your address yia E-Mail.

Chris

bad due to SMD,

a)yes, very funny argument. can be heard quite often in the high-end-hifi-scene. of course the same devices sound better, when there is a litte antenna on both sides :grin:
I also have a good LAWO-discrete-OA with non-SMDs. This will - of course - sound better.
Maybe that could be used for a 1176-like compressors output stage?

b) Now it's too late. I will give you my E-Mail-adress via E-Mail..

Chris

Kubi was a member here. He left the forum and deleted all his posts. That´s why you can´t see his replies between Chris´s questions.

Btw, hi Chris, how are things going?

Latest posts

Back