The buzz is KILLING ME!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
HI,

I tried to Move the Transformer and Move far from PCB and XLR but still have noise.

I'll try an other Star grounding.
It's strange because It's really a noise caused by transformer.
It's a 30VA transformer so I don't think it's insufficient ripple...

Neeno said : "At last tentative, I've built a Keith PSU (God bless gustav to send a PSU with each 9k board Very Happy ) I've removed all the psu parts from the GSSL board, I've connected + and -15V and.... voilà ! "

BUt Why the use of the PSU will change something, there's just one difference with SSL PSU:roll:

THe 9K PSU use 100 nF capacitor at the outputs of the regulators and In SSL PSU, it's 22uF and not 100nF...

Maybe a oszillation of the 7815 and or 7915. Try a 100n in parallel to the 22µ after the 7815 and the 7915.

Good luck!

First let me say that I discovered this group while looking for a new job. We were all fired from our studio, and stiffed the last weeks pay! I was almost the newbie there with more than 13 years. The discussions here have really helped lift my spirits and give me inspiration for the future. Thanks, I am grateful!

Usually the 1:1's will kill any hum, until the real culprit can be found. Since it did not work for you,
1. Did you try a different physical location, with different cabling to the patchbay? Perhaps directly to the console to eliminate the bay?
2. Different power location?

If the 1:1's did not work, I would be concentrating on something external. If I understand, the GSSL is unbalanced?

Mike

Maybe a oszillation of the 7815 and or 7915. Try a 100n in parallel to the 22µ after the 7815 and the 7915.

Good idea, I'll try that...

I Redone entirely my Wirings with a good star grounding.
A little better.

I test my SSL on different location but the same..

DO you guys who have a SSL have this noise when You put the make up at MAX and with Volume at max on your Mixer...

I know that this noise is at very very very low volume when I put 0dB into the SSL, so it's perhaps typical of the SSL :roll:

I tried to put 100nf capacitor in parallel with 22 UF of the regulators but I have more noise :shock:

DO you think that I have to put Shielded cable for the Inputs??

Latest posts

Back