Veroboard/stripboard rules!

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Someone mentioned CJ's best friend?
:green: :green: :green:

chrissugar

Stripboard rules, yeah. I just gotta stop doing shite stuff on the hoof with it though, and the handtool with the drill end for taking out tracks is a must. Experiments you can use and not have to take apart.
Jakko, I love your allusion to Pat's incomprehensible habit of using random capitals.

I dO tHe sAmE wItH aLl mY tRaNsIsToR sTuFf!

eyes2.gif

I just gotta stop doing shite stuff on the hoof with it though

Join the club... Jaakko's sketching on paper method is the way to go, but I usually get carried away just wanting the build the thing and end up with a bird's nest :oops:

Cheers,
Justin

edit: Shit! I've just noticed CJ is on 666 posts... Has he turned into the Devil 'cos paT iS bEiNg mentioned?

Stripborad is my modus operandi for guitar effects pedals ....I usually seem to build on stripboard from left to right, following the schematic....alll the stuff on the left is nice and neat, until I see that I'm about to drop off the edge and have to panic and cram everything else in there before I run out of space.... the right side of my layouts are always a disaster....nothing like planning ahead, huh? :?

Yea,

Same here- you start with the best intentions, but then you just kinda go "freeform" :?

...my electronics teacher at school made us draw out the Vero pattern on paper first- I remember typing a whole A4 sheet of "O"'s to make a veroboard markup sheet. :shock:

...he'd probably have a fit if he saw what I was doing now!

:green:

Mark

"bird's nest" , "freeform"...this is exactly what happened when I made the balancing circuit for my SSL clone side chain on vero board.
Right now it looks like some kind of electronic Zoo...

until I see that I'm about to drop off the edge and have to panic and cram everything else in there before I run out of space.... the right side of my layouts are always a disaster....nothing like planning ahead, huh?

Made me think of schooldays & putting bandnames by pen on our bags... if cramming hadn't started about halfway, a lot of bands would have ended up amputated... anyone ever heard of MOTORHE or JUDAS PRI ? :wink:

Peter

Latest posts

Back