My girlfriend just called me an idiot.

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey congrats

Go easy on the woman shes about to lose her mind and body to give you the most amazing gift this planet has to offer.
I have 2 boyz, and the first couple of years were some of the hardest, sleepless, sexless years I've ever had. But for a reward it only takes 1 bearhug I love you Daddy :oops: to make all that hard stuff melt away. Enjoy.

[quote author="fuzzbox"]Hey congrats
I have 2 boyz, and the first couple of years were some of the hardest, sleepless, sexless years I've ever had. But for a reward it only takes 1 bearhug I love you Daddy :oops: to make all that hard stuff melt away. Enjoy.[/quote]

make that about 3 years. kids are wonderful. there is nothing more funny than kids cutting their own hair behind the curtains! "maybe mom won't know if i do it behind the curtains". :D

oh and congratulations. my first post btw. hey everyone.

BLUEBIRD!!
felicidades de España,
These are seriously mitigating circumstances, tell her she is right whatever she says.
OK, you are not going down but when you have to sell everything to pay for baby costs, can I have all your stuff cheap.
If it's a boy you will have a Prodigy son.
Congrats!
Steve

Congrats, Ian!

I've had a rather easier time of it than Orson, from the sound of it.

When we were expecting, my wife got fed up with hearing "your life will never be the same again" and similar variations on that theme... Perhaps not the best way to say it! -I think it's more accurate to say that you'll devote more time to mundane stuff, but you'll discover a lot of things that youve been missing...

After almost a year, I can say that it's hard work, but very rewarding. Ours was very colic-y for the first couple of months, and that's a strain, but only a minority of babies are like that... -may you be blessed with sleep!

I'm still waiting for the day when he can walk....

...round skycraft unaided and fetch things for me!

The best way to keep things on a level keel might be to try the reverse-angle play... buy a simple and inexpensive bunch of flowers for no reason at all (-sound familiar?!) every once in a while.

Congrats, man! -It's a hell of a ride! :thumb:

Keith

[quote author="bluebird"]O.K I feel better now....

What great bunch of people here.

Heres the real reason....We're having a baby!!!! Shes about eight weeks.
I don't know why its called morning sickness because it lasts ALL DAY. :shock:

Peace and love,
ian[/quote]
congrats
there must be something in the solder at the moment becuase my partners is 6 weeks gone
This will make four!
Deffo last one - the snip for me after this - well that's what I said 18 months ago when the third was born...
40 years old and being a Dad again... my hope is it will be a girl - and that will make 4 of them - I have no experience of bring up boys - all mine are girls
My partner is a full time mother - we decided that the only way we could bring up children that are happy all the time is to have one of us work and the other stay at home
If we are short of money - fine - the most important thing in our lives is that our children are happy and grow up in a loving home

99% of the time - the house is full of screaming happy girls with all their friends around - all dressed in Fairy costumes talking about tea parties and sniggering about boys...

oh - and the pregancy time was no problems at all (well not for me)
got shouted at now and again - but brought the flowers home, cooked nice healthy small dinners - often (hint - no runny eggs - ever...)
went and got chocolate bars at stupid times of night
our babies have always lept through the night - (apart from the first few weeks/months when they wake for a 2am feed) - I guess with having so many is that you know when you should get them out of bed 'cos it's a pain cry or a tired cry
Wake em up at 10:30 pm - feed them in the dark- put em back down again after they have fallen asleep drinking - full and happy
They won't wake until 6 the next morning...

[quote author="bluebird"]O.K I feel better now....

What great bunch of people here.

Heres the real reason....We're having a baby!!!! Shes about eight weeks.
I don't know why its called morning sickness because it lasts ALL DAY. :shock:

Peace and love,
ian[/quote]

Ian,

Congrats !!! btw..I´m on the same vagon myself.. we´re entering week 21..My first baby comming just around the corner..It gets better I can tell you..she´ll get back to "normal" (whatever that is) again..*GG**

Kind regards

Peter

Wow Thanks for all the good words and congrats to all the other daddys to be!!!

These posts have made me feel alot better :green:

Much love to all here :oops:

Ian

sorry to be so late in on the action, but congrats to all indeed!
Just promise to prop me up when I get to the same stage... :green:

chef

Just wait until the onset of menopause... Oy Vey! You will long for the days of good ol' PMS.

Ahem.... I second that. If she catches me writing this I'll be in big trouble.

My kid is the coolest person I know, although now that she's old enough to have the monthly visitation it can be hard for a few days. Then again, she's a great drummer and an excellent student in school. I wouldn't have traded the experience for anything. I hope it will be as good for you, Ian.

And a reminder of the two most important words in the language: "yes, dear"

:green: :thumb: :guinness: :sam:

Pehaps a thread should be started in 'the Brewery' for the most messed-up pregnancy-craving recipes...?

...like Tuna-fish and Banana pizza with a side of pickled onions...

:shock:

keef

[quote author="SSLtech"]my wife got fed up with hearing "your life will never be the same again" and similar variations on that theme... Perhaps not the best way to say it![/quote]
Maybe: "You will find patience that you never knew you had." or "You'll be able to do more than you ever thought possible on four hours sleep!" I usually just say that the first 6 weeks are the hardest and it gets much easier after that.

After almost a year, I can say that it's hard work, but very rewarding.
I'm 8 years in on my first, and its still rewarding!

I'm still waiting for the day when he can walk...round skycraft unaided and fetch things for me!
The only problem is that they want to touch everything, especially the sharp and dangerous stuff! Skycraft rocks! btw

try the reverse-angle play... buy a simple and inexpensive bunch of flowers for no reason at all
Keef: SHHHH! I mean, uhh, no, no, there's a perfectly good "reason" for buying flowers everytime...reasons like eating dinner and having a clean house and because you think your wife is just wonderful :grin: (the first two reasons are unspoken reasons, the last one should be spoken!) If any of you guys think it doesn't make any difference to buy flowers randomly...try it...if it doesn't make a diff (assuming you haven't done anything wrong!) I'll refund your money! Hint: Walmart has nice bouquets for less than $4. :green:

HTH!
Charlie

Congrats Ian!
I've got a 4 year old and it does just get better and better...It does get harder and harder to tour though... :roll:

More local gigs!
:cool:
Joel

Yea,

Congratulations Ian!

...and hopefully a future helper for DIY? Let's hope you can bring them up to know the ways of "The Force"

:wink:

All the best to you and your family!

:guinness: :sam: :guinness: :sam:

Mark

Back