Who knows anything about this east german Monitor ? speaker

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Housemeister

Hi to all

I know the interest in this may be limited to the german forum members but i dont know wher else ( exept geithain, what i am gonna do tomorrow ) to ask about thos things, so please forgive me for this thread.

Here they are:

I tought they was gaithain but they are labeld: Schulze Berlin, Studiokombination TH 315/1 .

Anyone ever saw ( or hear them ) ? Are they monitors or just some simple pa speakers ? It was one of my spontaneous "lets by the junk first without thinking if its usefull actions" and it would be cool to know if i spend some 200 ? fore a peace of junk.
Every help would be great.

Thanks in advance and best regards: Jasmin

From one auction on eBay:
"a pair of extremely rare vintage 12" fullrange coaxial broadcast monitor speakers type TH315 made in GDR/Germany by K.Schulz around 1965. The superb quality and sound is very similar to SIEMENS KLANGFILM or ZEISS IKON speakers, even more balanced. The diameter of the massive aluminium cast frame is 12" (31cm), very powerful AlNiCo cast magnets, light paper diaphragms with coaxial mounted aluminium dome tweeter. Very high efficiency!

The speakers are the direct successors of the legendary ECKMILLER O15A speakers (Konski & Krüger), specially designed for broadcast studio monitoring. They are equipped with acoustic filters, created by a metal mesh with felt damping. This results in an ultra flat frequency response combined with a perfect fast transient response. The extravagant frequency dividing network (located under the bell cover -components around the magnet) also provides an overload protection for the tweeter. In the original application ( the O18 monitor) these speakers were operated in a 120 litre reflex enclosure. They have been the standard monitors in all GDR studios up to 1985.
The impedance is 20 ohms, a perfect match with small power tube amplifiers! "

They are sold for $1220. ;)

Regards,
Milan

Hi

Something is wrong with those Pictures, sorry.

@ kubi: I dont know how old they are. There is no produktion data marked. Why would this be important anyway ?

@Milan: Thats some nice Info. After all it seems like i was not wasting money even if i dont use them.

How is this generally with old speakers. Do they get bad after a time ( i mean beside things like broken parts ) or would they still be good enough to be used as a Monitor ? I mean they are for sure much better then my samsons :oops: but would it be better to sell them and buy something new in the price range of 800-1000 ? ? I know its impossible to say that without hearing or comparing them but i am interrested in some Opinions.

thank you guys.

By the way: Kubi i was not able to open your Homepage with the schematics the last few times. Is it down ?

Best Regards: Jasmin

Back