Peavey Rage mod

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mshilarious

I got a free Peavey Rage which is a cheap practice amp, so I decided to see if a tube stage and spring reverb (along with some component upgrades) would help matters.

I've done these schematics, the first opamp stage is pretty much the stock Peavey clean channel; I chucked the lead channel which ran off the other half of the opamp, although pieces of it live on the reverb recovery circuit. The tube stage will be on a separate PCB, that's what I need to do today, so please let me know what I've done wrong there! A lot of the resistor values are guesses, especially in the reverb circuit since I really don't know what that will be like :oops:

Here's the preamp stages:

Peavey_Tube_Reverb.GIF

And the power supply--the low-voltage supplies are stock Peavey, except I put a regulator on the 12v rail instead of the stock resistors so I could get enough current for the heaters.

Peavey_PSU.GIF

[quote author="clintrubber"]The output-impedance of the reverb-tank driver looks too high. There are various circuits for this out there, have a look.
First one that came to mind is Craig Andertons-Stage center reverb, more here:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=124&Itemid=102

Bye,
Peter[/quote]

The Accutronics website confused me. The 2250 ohm figure is 1kHz impedance, I think the DC resistance is actually 200 ohms. Anyway, they had lots of driver circuits, but only one recovery circuit design which led me to believe that a basic opamp stage would be sufficient. Of course I have little idea how much gain I'm going to need; they implied something like 100, so I'll have to play with it.

Unfortunately I can't easily change much of the recovery circuit other than values since much of it is the old lead channel circuit. I'd have to make another PCB, etc.

Thanks for looking :grin:

Latest posts

Back