Ibanez AD-202 Service Manual and Schematic here...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I want to add a midi-sync to the delay. I'm not sure if this is even going to be possible. Alternatively, I'll calibrate the delay time scale and maybe add a fine control knob. I want to be able to quickly sync the delays for live use.

Any suggestions?

Andrew

[quote author="cantgetnosleep"]I want to add a midi-sync to the delay. I'm not sure if this is even going to be possible. Alternatively, I'll calibrate the delay time scale and maybe add a fine control knob. I want to be able to quickly sync the delays for live use.

Any suggestions?

Andrew[/quote]

Hi,

I see, MIDI-sync, that'd be nice functionality !

There's likely usable info here:

http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=9793&highlight=tap+tempo

I want to be able to quickly sync the delays for live use.
Sorry for saying this and I don't know your circumstances, music, venues etc, but for live use the sonic niceness of a BBD-device over an emulator-box (POD, V-Amp, ...etc, ~US$100) may not be that much more. So that 2HE perhaps better spent on one of these boxes which have tap-tempo already onboard ? It'll be less DIY-fun though...

Regards,

Peter

Yeah, it's probably a lot more practical to spend a couple hundred dollars on a digital box that's already got midi sync built in. I don't doubt that the sound difference will be negligable live. I do like the large, accessable knobs on the AD-202 as compared to the LCD menus and buttons on most digital fx. I may go with a digital fx box simply so that I can get a stereo fx, in a smaller box. But, it would still be fun to try. We'll see, I've got lots of other projects and a big vacation coming up in a week (so nothing's going to happen for a few months, anyway).

Thanks for the link.

Andrew

?Regen? on AD-202 is awesome! I prefer this little noise box over Roland SDE?s. Dub machine.

[quote author="cantgetnosleep"] I do like the large, accessable knobs on the AD-202 as compared to the LCD menus and buttons on most digital fx.[/quote]
Yep, forgot about that one, manipulating knobs live can't be replaced - or you must be into doing that by MIDI-controllers, which seems a perfect way to do it, but feels less retro :wink:

from laitue5:
?Regen? on AD-202 is awesome! I prefer this little noise box over Roland SDE?s. Dub machine.
Imho the Rockman 9.5" box does the UFO-thing a bit smoother, but it has sliders... the Ibanez is a nice sounding machine, and that delay-time modulation is very nice ! Ahh, setting delay fairly long, FX-blend fully wet and dial in some modulation... instant seasickness ! :roll: :grin: :wink: :roll:

Thanks heaps!

I have one, the only mod I want to do is add a low Z balanced output as it seems to be only barely able to drive 10k as stock.

A longer delay time would be nice too but its going to get pretty darn grungey if the clock was slowed down more.

The distortion you can get from ODing the input sounds great on synths too.

Thanks again!!

M

[quote author="mattmoogus"]Thanks heaps!

I have one, the only mod I want to do is add a low Z balanced output as it seems to be only barely able to drive 10k as stock.
[/quote]
Outputs are each an opamp + 510 Ohms, I expect no problems with 10k load.

Regards,

Peter

hmm ok..maybe mine is broke then. It definitely cant drive the inputs of my PM2000 which are go from about 3.5k down to 600 depending on gain setting. It sounds ok into my Mitec mixer which is about 10k in but is better into a hiZ DI.

Interesting...I shall investigate.

M

Hey Fazeka,

Sorry to invade this thread - I tried to send you a PM, but the PM system isn’t working.

If you can find a minute, can you please check out this thread: http://www.groupdiy.com/index.php?topic=29433

Many thanks!

Justin

Latest posts

Back