Desperate cry to the amp gurus...

GroupDIY Audio Forum

Help Support GroupDIY Audio Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mbira

The next chapter...I am working on a Mesa Rectoverb. The reverb doesn't work. I first had it in, and changed out the rca cables and the reverb worked. Then a week later, the damn thing is back in my shop-same problem. I have traced the signal and it is happy until it gets to the reverb tank. Signal in, no signal out. I thought-"oh bad tank". I replaced the tank-same problem. I talked to the mesa tech for an hour, and we looked all thru it and even he was stumped on this one. HERE is the schematic. It won't be up forever as they don't like these things being out. Page 5 has the reverb circuit. It is fed by half a 5532 and then goes back into the 5532 on the way out. The DC voltages look good on the IC ((+-15v). When I put a signal connected to the rca jack going out of the reverb tank the 5532 amplifies well...Crazy.

Joel

Figured it out :roll: only one of the rca wires should be grounded :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

[quote author="Mbira"]Figured it out :roll: only one of the rca wires should be grounded :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:[/quote]

Good. Wonder how it worked after the initial repair though?

Latest posts

Back